Parent menu item not clickable on mobile

Hi there,

I have a menu with some items that have sub-items. But in the mobile menu I am not able to click on the parent menu items since that only opens the list of sub-items (see image below). Is it possible to make only the arrow at the right side or a bigger area clickable but not the whole button? If not, what is an alternative solution to that problem?

For future releases I’d like to suggest to make the area around the arrow (50px) in another shade of the menu color. Like that the user would know that this is the are to click on if you want to see the sub-menu items. If he wants to see the parent item he clicks the main item.

Hi,

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

For the mean time, kindly check your theme and plugin version and make sure you have the latest as listed in the url below.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,

my theme and plugins are all up to date. I use PRO version 1.1.1 and WordPress 4.8.
Isn’t that problem a more common one to be asked? Didn’t find much on the forum yet but it wonders me that if there are sub-menu links that the parent menu items are basically unreachable in mobile menus.
Link to the site will follow with login credentials for you as well to check.

Best regards,
Andi

Hello Andi,

Thank you for the clarification.
On Pro, by default on this element, the main link with submenu is not clickable and will just reveal those submenus when click. We have plans on making just the sub indicator to open the submenu and make the main link clickable but we don’t have an ETA for this yet. We will let you know once we have an update.

Hi Lely,

thanks for your reply. So I guess the best solution is to have a separate menu for mobile where all items are just stacked above each other? Is there any smarter solution than that?

Best regards,
Andi

Hi there,

At the time being the method you mentioned is the best choice till we have improvement in the elements of the Pro Headers.

Thank you.

This is a huge concern for us and our clients…especially for our clients that have a large navigational structure. Is there any update on where you guys are at with resolving this issue?

Thank you.

Hi there,

There is no update yet on this one, but you may try this temporary fix https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/pro-menu-not-clickable-on-mobile-if-it-has-a-submenu/8325/7

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same problem; the parent menu items on mobile only open lower branches and are not clickable themselves as pages. Kinda critical. I’m using the Wordpress Menu builder and the non-Pro header builder.

mrlorraine.com

Any idea of how to fix this? Problem arises on Android using Chrome and Opera, and Safari on iPad.

Thanks for your help
al

PS Also happens in Pro Content Builder when a smaller screensize is utilised.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread. I have checked your site in my android phone and I could not replicate the issues that you are having. I am seeing this: http://prntscr.com/juq4iq

If you have just updated to the latest version, please clear all your caches including your browser cache. Please use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I found the problem to be on the Header Navigation Collapse option ‘Anchor/Subitem’ option, and I think I’ve fixed it now.

Thanks for your time.

al

Glad to hear that. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Hi there

I have this same problem - can you please update on what was the best fix and how to add it?

Thanks
Astrid

Hi Astrid,

It seems to be working just fine, unless what you’re referring to non-clickable is non-linkable? Is it? If yes, then the solution would be changing the trigger from Anchor to Sub-indicator.

Thanks!

Hey

No, it’s the same issue as the thread starter described. When I have subpages in the menu, the main page is not clickable on the mobile menu, it only folds down the rest of the menu items. I have had to remove it from the page, since we have a lot of visitors on mobile, so I’m just trying to find a fix before I add the subpages again.

Site: www.rearviewteater.dk (notice you won’t see the issue now, because I removed the subpages)

Thanks.
Astrid

Hi Astrid,

It has sub-menu and it was working before you removed them (clickable since it folds). And because they are removed, I can’t check it anymore.

the main page is not clickable on the mobile menu, it only folds down the rest of the menu items

I still assume you’re still referring to non-linkable parent menu item instead of non-clickable, because you said it just folds (hence, still clickable) not just linking to the page.

And it’s not an issue or bug, if you’ll check my provided screenshot, there is a Sub Menu Trigger option. If you choose Anchor, it will then disable the linking, instead, it will just fold down the rest of the menu items. That’s why I recommend to toggle it to Sub indicator. So the parent menu would still link, and the sub-indicator (the arrow) will be used to fold down the rest of the menu items.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry - I didn’t understand what you meant at first, but it works.

Thank you!
/Astrid

You’re most welcome!