Parent Item not clickable on Mobile Menu

Ive been baking my head trying to figure this out , going through old threads with no luck

No matter what I do on mobile I cannot click on the main parent item in the menu if it has a submenu.

All plugins, and software is up to date (except WP is NOT running 5.0.x).

site at http://mhddev.carteblanche.media

Hi Rich,

Thanks for reaching out.

You mean the parent menu won’t link? Please inspect your menu element and go to Menu section and click Sub-indicator.

This will change the sub-menu toggle to sub-indicator instead of the menu link itself. This is important option since you can only do actions one at a time, click-to-link or click-to-open the sub-menu.

Thanks!

I cannot see Sub Menu Trigger in my Navigation Dropdown menu. Could you help?

Hey @petchgabriel,

The Sub Menu Trigger option is not available for Navigation elements that have a fly-out sub-menu which is the case for the Navigation Dropdown and Navigation Inline.

Those navigation elements also were not meant to be used in mobile if they have a sub-menu.

There is no solution to this but to switch to either Navigation Collapsed, Navigation Layered or Navigation Modal.

Thanks.

Thanks for help. I changed to Navigation Collapsed already. But Could you provide how to fix this below?

When I click at parent menu sometimes it goes to that link otherwise expand sub menu. But I want to expand only when click on sub indicator and go to parent link only when click at text.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @petchgabriel,

That’s what Rad explained above, please set your Sub Menu Trigger to Sub Indicator

This way the text will open the link, and the chevron/indicator will open the sub-menu.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi. I seen to be having the same issue and double checked that I am using navigation collapsed and have the sub indicator set for the trigger. Still, my top-level links (above each sub menu) will not navigate to the page. Only the lowest level links take me to pages.

Other things to check?

Thanks you.

Hi @dsthompson,

I did check the sites that is associated to your license (dev and live) and the navigation collapsed works as intended in there. The text will open the link, and the chevron/indicator will open the sub-menu.

Please clarify your issue on a new thread, as this one is getting longer and harder to follow.

How To Get Support

Thanks,

will do, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.