Parallax working in Cornerstone in Firefox, but not outside of Cornerstone

I’m having a strange issue where Parallax is working great in Cornerstone, but when I view the page outside of Cornerstone, the Parallax no longer works. I’m running Firefox on Windows 10. I tested the Parallax images in Chrome and had the same issue, but they do work in IE. However, the Parallax for Revolution slider works great even on mobile devices.

I’ve seen several strings about Parallax in Firefox/Chrome, but I haven’t seen anyone who has it working in those browsers only inside Cornerstone. Please advise. I’d rather not share the website publicly at this point as its still in development, but i’d be happy to provide it through a private reply. I’m also not yet using the actual images I’ll be using when the site goes live.

Hey @evanarc,

Please provide the URL of the page concerned in a Secure Note so we could check why the parallax isn’t working.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thanks for the link.
The parallax are working fine in the page. I tested in chrome browser.
Please check the screencast video I posted in secure note.

Thanks

Please see the video i just posted to Secure Note. i’m at a slow internet location today, so it may take a little while to upload to dropbox.

Hi There,

Thank you for the screencast, I’d tested this on two machines (with Chrome and Firefox), one is a Windows 10 laptop but I could not replicate the issue either.

Except, if I always Enable the Touch Events API of my Chrome, which make sense because parallax does not work on a touch screen devices (at least for the Classic Section). I see your cursor on the screencast but is there a chance that your pc and your co-worker’s machine is a touch-screen? Can you test your site on a non-touch screen machine?

If true that this is the case, then unfortunately there’s really no good way of detecting a mobile device and differentiating it from a hybrid device, so we have to lean on the side of caution and say that any touch screen will be treated as touch-screen for performance and device constraint reasons.

V2 Section’s parallax works with touch though, but that means replacing your Classic Section with V2 Sections.

That jumping bg-image on load, is because of your section’s calculated padding.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Yes, my machine is a touch screen device. However, why does the parallax work in Cornerstone?

Per the calculated padding, i just left what was in the template. I’m still new at this and didn’t want to mess it up. Why use calculated padding vs a regular number of pixels?

Hi There,

In cornerstone content loads inside a wrapper, thats why it may working but in actual site it won’t work.
You can anyway switch to v2 element to make it work.

The calc() function performs a calculation to be used as the property value.
For more details about this please check this article.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.