Pagination not working on Category Archive Page ( page 2 returns a 404 error)

Hello,

page 2 in my Category Archive page is returning a 404.

My custom permalinks structure is:
/%category%/%postname%/

what am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hi There,

This is more of a WordPress issue rather than the Pro theme.

You can try this third party plugin.

Just note that we could not help you with any issues that may occur when using this third party plugin.

Thanks

Hi Thai,

thank you very much for your answer.

Can i ask you what is specifically the wordpress issue that is causing this and that this plugin is bypassing?

Just for any future reference and to see if there’s any other solution available.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion! I meant the 3rd party Wordpress plugins.

Using your permalink structure, I have tested it in my local testing server. With Renew stack and in a category page, the pagination works. (https://i.imgur.com/6YAiAwy.png)

There must be something that is preventing the default pagination to work in your site. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install Pro theme. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re-install Pro:

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.