Pages won't publish

Hi I whenever I try and publish a page i get a grey screen with the message are you sure you want to do this? please try again ?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try regenerating your Permalink structure by head over to Settings -> Permalinks section, then select the option Postname, save the changes and then try publishing your pages again.

Hope that helps.

hi this never worked?

Hi there,

Would you mind providing us with the screenshot of the message that you get whenever you try to save the page?

Also, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey There,

There could be something in your settings. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

please look above

Hi there,

Could you try regenerating your security salt? Please check this sample https://ithemes.com/security/wordpress-salt/

Looks like the current user account has no capability to publish it. Changing salt may fix it, but we’re not sure.

Thanks!

I’m not that technical I’m afraid I’mve just had a stroke

Hello There,

Could you please provide FTP access this time around? We will regenerate your security salt as pointed out by Rad. We will resolve this issue as soon as you provide the FTP access. Please ask your hosting provider if you do not know the ftp details.

Thank you in advance.

please see above for ftp. None of my users are able to publish pages ?

Hi there,

What’s your FTP username? I tried the same admin username and it’s not working.

Thanks!

hi sorry see above

Hello There,

We were able to logged in to your ftp now. We already made some changes to the salt in the wp-config.php. Salt is already regenerated and the issue still exist. It could be coming from a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install X theme and Cornerstone. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

For other reference regarding your issue, please check this:

hI it was cornerstone ice deactivated no issue?

Hi there,

I just tried two sample page and it works (published correctly), but then the 3rd try has the same issue. Could you try re-installing the theme and cornerstone? I could do that but you have to create a backup of your site first.

Thanks!

i deactivated cornerstone and i was able to post reinstalling the theme is not an option as i have spent to much time customising the website

Hi there,

As we need to know if the theme or Cornerstone files are corrupt or not you need to do that step. The issue you are experiencing is a new one to us and we do not experience the same problem on our installations, so that is something related to your environment and till now we did many tests to make sure why this is happening. Now that we have found this is something that Cornerstone does we need to make sure you have the correct version of the plugin and the theme. As we do have the same thing but it works without problem.

Now as the information of the plugin and the theme options are kept in the database and you will not have problems. I did that by deleting the Cornerstone and installing it again but unfortunately the problem persists.

Then I installed the Transient cleaner plugin to delete all transients of your database to see if that is the problem cause and that was not the issue.

Finally, I installed the WP-Serverinfo plugin and you can check the server settings in Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo. Most of the options there are ok except the PHP Memory Limit. I suggest that you increase it to 512MB.

After testing the case more than 7 times I found out that all my tests are actually there. So the page is actually gets published regardless of the error. So, for now, you can use the browser back button to get back to the list of the pages and continue your work.

The final test that will show if this is something related to your environment or not is to move your WordPress website to another server or your local machine temporarily to test the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.