Pages don't appear except header and footer

Hi there!

I hope you’re doing great. Thanks in avance for the great help this forum is providing, it helped me a lot already!

My website https://wercury.ch/ just started doing something pretty strange a few days ago - when I try to go to any page from the homepage, only the header and footer seem to be shown, and I am not able to access to the backend via /wp-admin or /wp-login URLs at all!

I still have access through the FTP manager, but I’m quite at loss about where the error could be from. I tried re-installing a fresh version of WordPress in /wp-includes/ but it did not change anything. I think it might come from an issue with the content of the theme not showing, but I am not tech-savvy enough to work this out.

Screenshot of the issue:

If anyone could help on this, thanks a billion!

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and can replicate the problem in inner page of content not showing. I see you are using X 7.0.0 and Cornerstone 4.0.0. As you are not able to access WordPress admin directory, please try out following solutions using FTP software like Filezilla:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by re-naming all third-party plugins in Filezilla, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by rolling back the changes one at a time.
  2. Update X Theme and Cornerstone to latest version by downloading the latest package from members area or Themeforest and uploading using FTP. Here’s resource that you can take a look to get started:
    https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62
    https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Prasant,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I tried the first solution and it worked!

I found out it was the plugin “WP Super Cache” which was creating the error. I don’t even remember adding this so I would imagine it’s a pre-installed WordPress plugin and from what I read about it’s meant to improve your website performances. Is it not compatible with the X theme or does the issue come from a separate thing?

I just want to know if I should install this again or just avoid it from now.

I also noticed that since then certain pages had weird link saying “click” or “here” and redirecting to the same page mostly, showing up along the text (see below example, on this page here). Is that something the plugin was taking care of? I cant seem to edit the page via X either, it’s loading indefinitely.

Thank you so much already I’m relieved!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad one of @Prasant’s solution works out for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.