Pages Crashing on Mobile Devices

Hello,

We are having a major issue with page crashing on tablet & mobile screens. On every page that is viewed, we are getting a an ‘Aww Snap’ error. We made sure to follow the instructions the browser gave us for troubleshooting, tried it on other devices/browsers, and restarted, but the pages continue to crash. It only does this on mobile devices and ONLY after a few moments of being on a page (the page loads, but if you continue to stay on the page you get the error message). We have everything built, but we can’t go live with this happening.

Thank you for your help.

Hello @ancorakim,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

On mobile website seems to be working fine. Please see screenshot. https://cloudup.com/cIlFTtxLc6Z

However, I noticed that you are using quite an old version of X Theme (5.1.1) and Cornerstone. Please note that it you may experience issues while using old version of X Theme and Cornerstone. In that regards I suggest you to update to the most recent release so as to avoid any compatibility and security loopholes. I am sharing few link that you can take a look.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Good morning,

I checked our theme and it is up to date with the latest version of XPro (see screenshot) as far as I can tell. Can I ask where you are seeing that we are running an older version?

Additionally, this morning, we found that the drop-down menu is sliding up rather than down. There doesn’t seem to be options for controlling this from the native editor. We are supposed to go live with this site on Monday. And built this site on X Pro because we trust the stability of the theme, but it’s looking like it is not stable. As the screenshot above indicates we are running the most up to date version available to us and none of our plugins need updates either. We need these issues resolved ASAP please advise.

Hi There,

Please clarify how we can replicate the browser crashing issue, I did check most of your pages for a few minutes and I never encounter the error even once. Please try checking your site on incognito/private mode of your browser where there are no add-ons and caching involves. I’ve seen this issue before and it’s because of a browser add-ons.

Regarding your menu issue, I see that your site’s CSS is minified, please clear all your minifier and caching plugin then deactivate it for a while and see if that resolves the issue.

Yes, your PRO is in the latest version (2.0.4)

Thanks,

I wanted to get back to you on the crashing issue due to the fact that we have to go live asap. We are still getting the error message – as far as I can tell there are no browser add ons with our tablet/mobile and the crashing is still happening after you are on a page for a few minutes (usually it pops up for me when I let it sit for a moment and don’t scroll/move down the page). Here is a link to the page it sends us to and a screenshot of the message: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95669?visit_id=1-636576728688451618-1006043924&p=e_awsnap&rd=1

Hi there,

We do not have such a problem with our installation, so this must be something related to your environment. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Go to Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Change the theme to a default theme of the WordPress and test if this is happening again.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.