Pages appear blank when published

hello,
I am having a problem where i am able to edit a page using cornerstone just fine but when i check the actual website the page appears completely blank. I read online that this could be a problem with conflicting plugins, but i deactivated all my plugins and tried renaming my plugin folder but the problem still persists. Our site is scheduled to release to the public tomorrow so your help would be very much appreciated. I will include my login credentials in a secure note as well as pictures of the problem. thank you so much!

Morgan

Hi Morgan,

I’ve tried the login information you shared, but it’s telling me the password is incorrect. Would you mind double checking that? Thanks!

hey alex,
thanks for your help! my appologies, I mis-typed my password. It should be updated now. thanks

hey alex,
just wondering if you got a chance to look at my site again. thanks for your help.

Hi Morgan,

I can see the error that is it blank on the frontend. There’s no cache and error on the page.
To make sure that the issue is not content related, I did save the page as Page template in Cornerstone. Then I create a new page and insert this template. With the same settings, there’s no content too on the frontend. I did try changing page templates and remove the poll but nothing happens on the frontend. Content area is still blank. Though like the original page, there’s no error somewhere and it is not cache either.

Can you try then updating both Cornerstone and X theme? Please check our changelog here: https://theme.co/changelog/. It seems that the theme and Cornerstone version you have is not Compatible. Also note to save a backup of your site before doing this or if you could setup a staging site, that would be better.

Check again after the update. If the issue persist, please do share FTP credentials too on a secure note so we can check error log. Thank you.

For future reference, please do not bump your thread. We answered from oldest to newest and bumping the thread will pushed it back on the queue.

hey guys,
I tried a couple different things and the problem has not gone away. Is there an easy way to update x theme and cornerstone or should i do a backup of my site and then do a fresh install?

1 Like

Hi There,

Could you please try updating your X theme & Cornerstone plugin, then clear your browser cache and test your issue again.

You can follow our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Thanks!

hey guys. i updated all my plugins, cornerstone, and X theme and I think its working now! thanks for the help. The only thing that confuses me is if you look at the screenshot of my page manager the new pages I make are marked as unreadable by yoast SEO. previously this indicator had corresponded with the page having the problem i expressed, but it is working now. I just dont know why the indicator is still red. regardless, I think my problem was fixed. thanks for your help!

Hi There,

Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

With regard to your other concern, that is a known issue that Yoast cannot read Cornerstone V2 elements currently. This functionality will be improved in a future releases.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.