Page template articles

Hello,

I’m on X (though I have a pro theme and would like to switch too, pending confirmation that I will not lose my current X customization), and I have a few questions about articles.

How would I go about:

1. Making full-width the default page template for articles (I know my clients will forget to click on the full-width box);
  2. Disabling comments by default (I could just install a plugin for it, but if there’s something in the theme settings that does it instead that’d be better);
  3. Never have breadcrumbs (other than the date) on all articles.

Thank you!

Hello @mmurphyperron

Thanks for writing in! allow me to answer your questions please:

• Currently there is an option to set the content layout to “full width” globally, not for articles only (you mean posts right?), to do that you can check (Pro > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout > Full Width).

• This can be achieved through WordPress, check this article to learn more about that:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-comments-off/

• You can turn off “Breadcrumbs” from (Pro > Theme Options > Header > Miscellaneous) and enable “Post Meta” from (Pro > Theme Options > Blog > Content).

Thanks.

I’m on X, not pro (though we have a license for it). Before moving to Pro, I want somebody to confirm that I will not lose my X customization. I’ve asked this a few times in other threads over the last few weeks and haven’t gotten a clear answer.

Thank you!

Thanks, succesfully made the switch to pro and took care of issues 1 and 2, but my apologies, for option 3 I didn’t mean breadcrumbs I meant the meta information that is displayed with a post (article in french). The only meta information I want to display is the date, I don’t want to display the name of the author, category information or anything else. Any advice?

Hello There,

It is good to know that you have resolve most of the issue. To get rid of the author, category and other things in the post meta, I would highly suggest that you use a child theme because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Custom Ethos Entry Meta
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_ethos_entry_meta' ) ) :
  function x_ethos_entry_meta() {

//
    // Date.
    //

$date = sprintf( '<span><time class="entry-date" datetime="%1$s">%2$s</time></span>',
      esc_attr( get_the_date( 'c' ) ),
      esc_html( get_the_date() )
    );

//
    // Output.
    //

if ( x_does_not_need_entry_meta() ) {
      return;
    } else {
      printf( '<p class="p-meta">%1$s</p>',
        $date
      );
    }

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Thanks, I’ll make a child theme in the coming days and update you.

Let us know if the code works for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.