Page/Post Title Font Color--Slider Mast Widget--Fix floating Header

1. Where do I change the Default Page/Post Title Font Color ?

2. How do I fix the Logo and Header Menu to the top of the screen? It currently moves when scrolling down the page.

3. How do I insert a widget (Slider) on the Home page at the fold/ after the top menu and before the title “HOME”? I can’t find a widget for that position (or plugin). Is there a widget where we can define the height & width (like a frame)? Will the screen background still show through once the widget is installed?

Note, I am using Smart Slider 3, but none of your sliders seem to solve the problem either.
I tried an advertising widget, but it appeared after the Page Title.

Hello Loren,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) The page/post titles font color were inherited from X > Theme Options > Typography > Headings > Headings Font Color. If the post titles are displayed in the homepage or archive page, it becomes a linked post titles. The font color change and inherits the site link color which can also be manage in X > Theme Options > Typography > Site Links.

2.) If you want to have a fix logo and menu, please go to X > Theme Options > Header > Navbar and set the “Navbar Position” to Fixed Top.

3.) Please make sure that you are using Slider Revolution or LayerSlider plugin. You can get this in X > Validation > Extensions. Create your slider and edit your homepage so that you can assign the slider in the Slider Settings: Below Masthead. To know more how you can insert the slider in the masthead of your site, please check out this knowledge base article:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

For item #1 I need to change the Page Title color for HOME as well as the other page TITLES which appears just under the masthead but above the page content since this TITLE displays over a black background. This is not H1, H2, H3, H4 or the Menu “Site Links”. Thank you for revisiting the question.

Hi Loren,

To change the page title colors you can add the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

.h-landmark {
    color: #2ebed7 !important;
}

Hope this helps!

That’s interesting. I really like this theme, but candidly this should be an option in the theme options, not something requiring a CSS code insertion.

1. Given that Smart Slider 3 has more functionality, I would like to embed their code , i.e. [smartslider3 slider=5] directly and by-pass Slider Revolution.
    Can you please provide the Theme Option>CSS code for both code both above and below the masthead?
    Thank you.

Hello Loren,

The body font color and the background color of the site are the best way to change the font colors. This will not apply to your case because you have a unique design that has a white content with a background image which has a gradient of black which is why you need the custom css to have a different color of the landmark header.

3.) Regretfully Smart Slider is not supported in the theme. You cannot have it as a replacement for the Revolution Slider in the Masthead slider settings. You cannot also use custom css because Custom CSS is only for styling. Adding Smart Slider shortcode should be added in your header instead. Because you are using Pro theme, you can utilize the Custom Header builder so that you can easily incorporate the smart slider shortcode below you logo and navigation menu. To get you started with custom header builder, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Do I need to do something similar to change the footer font color?
Please advise the code.
Thank you.

Hi Loren,

You can add the CSS code below to Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content,
.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content a,
.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li:after,
.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li a {
    color: #2ebed7;
}

But I would suggest that you go to Pro > Footer and use the Footer Builder functionality to build your footer there. You will have all sorts of different Navigation and Text and other elements to use and each element there will have full control over the color and size and other details.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you better support which you deserve. Having a long thread makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Please close this thread. After working with the Revolution Slider, I find it as functional as the Smart Slider 3 I used before. Thanks for the help.

You’re always welcome Loren.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.