Page not loading with envira gallery

Hi There,

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG mode on your site by editing the wp-config.php file on your server which can be located in the root of your WordPress installation.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then re-visit your page and see if you’re getting a PHP error message which explains your issue.

If you’re using a PHP version below 5.6.x, make sure to update your PHP version and re-test your issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

hello, i’ve activated for a couple of minutes the wp-debug mode, this is what it shows: https://imgur.com/a/wQa8amW
The php i’m using is the 5.6.33, hopefully we will upgrade to 7 soon.
Do you need to have it on to test it yourself? i might need to speak with my client for this

Hey @envi_snc,

The error is related to max execution time. Please follow the solution suggested in this article.

Thanks.

ok well, i followed the instruction and if i add the code in the htaccess it has no effect as it still show the same fatal error. otherwise applying the code in the php.ini something changes but the page still gives me 500 error

Modifying the max execution time depends on your host that is why there are several methods in the article I showed you. In some host, it is not even possible to increase it even following all of the methods. You need to check with them if the fatal error persists.

Regarding 500 error, that’s a different story. It usually is caused by files and folder permissions but it’s not limited to that. Try following this. If that does not help, please give us FTP access. Just note that we need to troubleshoot and that process would require turning debugging on, deactivating third party plugins, switching to the default theme, etc… If that could not be done to your live site, please copy your site to a staging server and give us WP admin and FTP access there.

Thanks.

I’m having the same issue, my page won’t load with Envira Gallery. Loading all the pictures is using all my hosting resources and making the website time out. Not sure why though, Envira Gallery is suppose to use lazy loading so that way the resource usage isn’t so high and the website doesn’t slow down. It seems to be an issue with Envira Gallery or the interaction with Envira and the theme. I think I might switch to The Grid like @envi_snc.

Hello @vmars9,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I request you to please create a new ticket and share the problem with Envira gallery you are facing in the same. Someone from support team will help you out. Please take a look at following article on how we provide support.

Thanks.

It was not a question. I was just furthering the discussion on the issue with Envira Gallery. :slight_smile:

@vmars9 no problem, feel free to open a new thread any time you have any question, this will help us providing support more efficiently for every one.

Thanks.

ok, i’ve set up a copy of the website at www.enzovarenna.it
you can do whatever you want here

Hi there,

There is no error because the new URL has incomplete data. The Envira grids don’t have content and pages are empty when loaded in the builder. This could be due to the way you clone your site and it wiped out the serialized data required for it to work.

So then I added a new grid on this page https://www.enzovarenna.it/azienda1/ and it works (the existing shortcode content was overwritten since it’s initially empty).

Perhaps the internal error is only specific to your original site?

Thanks!

that’s odd because i’ve downloaded all the files via ftp and reuploaded them to enzovarenna.it making the needed customization to wp-config file to have a working website. as far as the database i’ve replaced every “bio-pack.it” with “enzovarenna.it” so it should be fine.
Anyway i’ve restored the page as it is on the real website. while trying to restore also the envira galleries the plugin seems unable to add more than 9 images on the gallery “showroom” and can’t even add 1 in the gallery “ufficio”. is it like this because i didn’t activated the theme?
i’m starting to think this plugin is just garbage…

edit: i tried to re-import the database: the plugin is still “broken”/“bugged”: it refuses to import images as i said before

Hi there,

That’s not enough, you should clone it exactly as is including data and not just files :slight_smile:. Hence, migration tools or service is highly recommended as there is no way you could safely edit serialized data manually (should be done automatically).

Theme activation should have no issue with Envira Gallery.

Would you mind providing a video recording of how to reproduce it? Seems to be working fine on my end (adding images). I added 13 images.

Thanks!

That’s not enough, you should clone it exactly as is including data and not just files :slight_smile:. Hence, migration tools or service is highly recommended as there is no way you could safely edit serialized data manually (should be done automatically).

that’s exactely what i’ve done: exported the database from bio-pack.it, replaced every “bio-pack” with “enzovarenna” with notepad++ and then imported it in enzovarenna.

In the gallery “ufficio” when I click insert images it stay with that “adding items to gallery” forever. Doing nothing obviously…

Hi there,

You did it manually in which break the serialized data ( "Exporting database and replaced “bio-pack” with “enzovarenna” using NOTEPAD++). You shouldn’t do that. It’s different from what I’m recommending which is using a migration tool or service which automatically changes internal URLs. Please check the difference :slight_smile:

But regardless, I’m able to display and add photos to the gallery without any limit. I also added images to “Ufficio” gallery.

Could you try it on another PC or device? Perhaps it’s just slow on your end and you need to wait a bit?

Thanks!

You did it manually in which break the serialized data ( "Exporting database and replaced “bio-pack” with “enzovarenna” using NOTEPAD++). You shouldn’t do that. It’s different from what I’m recommending which is using a migration tool or service which automatically changes internal URLs. Please check the difference :slight_smile:

You mean like using this plugin?

I’m sorry about this issue but i’ve always done it this way when transferring a completed project to the real domain and never had troubles…

Could you try it on another PC or device? Perhaps it’s just slow on your end and you need to wait a bit?

I’ve tried on another pc in my company: it worked on the “ufficio” gallery but the “showroom” one still refused to make any changes…

Hi there,

Yes, using that, but I recommend complete tools that do all the migration process like All in one migration. And use Better Search Replace when replacing strings.

That’s weird, I’m able to add changes to “showroom” too. Could you try creating gallery replacing the showroom? New gallery works okay too.

Thanks!

ok, i’ve done once again the migration using “All in one migration”: now the page seems to work, maybe it’s a little slow/laggy when scrolling with the mousewheel. i have no idea why now it would work…

Hi there,

Glad it’s okay now, it’s scrolling smoothly but it’s only normal for sluggy scrolling while the page is still loading (especially the grid). That only means the page height isn’t final and it still increasing while you’re scrolling, hence, changing the position of scroll (the effect is like movement is bouncing). But once it’s loading, it scrolls very smooth.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.