Page must be rebuilt after theme update

Hello,

Several times now across several of my client sites, I’ve lost the capability of editing via Cornerstone after a Pro update. I have had to rebuild multiple of my clients’ pages.

This is a terribly time-consuming project to take on which is through no fault of myself as a developer, or the client.

That said - the problem this time is on standrewstpaul.com/visit-us.

I can give you access if you need.

It would be ideal if you could restore my ability to edit with cornerstone without me having to completely rebuild the page.

Thank-you!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
As I don’t have access your admin area to check what type of error you have on the page. Before sending us the login details I would like you to please follow few troubleshooting steps to check if the issue will be resolved.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript, and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code to your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

I have updated with a secure note.

Hi There,

We don’t have received a report that a theme update causing this kind of issue. And if it is that this is caused by a theme update (which is not) then all of your pages should be affected.

I suspect that a recent activity (besides theme update) is causing this, can you confirm that your client or someone did not edit that page outside of the Cornerstone? And is there something going on server side that affected your site recently? I notice that your site backend is slow and I encountered an Internal Server Error when checking on your dashboard (I did not touch anything).

Please contact your hosting with regard to this matter, more likely this is related to the losing the ability of editing page in Cornerstone issue. This issue happens when a page data is lose or change in the database.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.