Page keeps failing to save and then logs me out

I’m trying to save a page I’m editing with Pro and it keeps failing to save and then logs me out of WordPress

Any thoughts?

Hey Julia,

That usually has to do with WordPress salt keys configuration. Please try resetting it. Here’s a guide: https://ithemes.com/2015/01/21/easily-change-wordpress-security-keys-salts-ithemes-security-plugin/

Also check and try the items in the list below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

I have only started having this problem though over the last day -

I also do not have the iThemes security plugin

Hi Julia,

I checked and Wordpress is also updated which shouldn’t cause this issue. Would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

I provided the details… Did you receive them?

Yes, we have received. I was not referring to iThemes security plugin. The article pointed out how to reset your WordPress salt keys.

I logged in to your WordPress admin and I could not check for errors because I’m logged out like you’ve described.

That is why I asked you to try the steps I have posted because I thought that I’m going to be logged out anyway. Please try the things I have posted and only if nothing helps, please give us FTP access also.

Thanks.

Is it possible for you to reset them for me on the site?

All of our backend work is done on GoDaddy… I can provide login details for that as well if required?

Hi Julia,

I checked and it’s not logging me out. I noticed that there is a Limit Login Attempt feature which is related to this https://www.godaddy.com/garage/limit-login-attempts-wordpress/. But I couldn’t find the plugin, perhaps that one is a Godaddy feature and added to a Managed Wordpress setup like yours. For that, I recommend contacting Godaddy about this issue and they may able to help you.

Thanks!

I have tried changing this and it didn’t do anything- I will reset the salt now and see if that helps if not could you provide me with a contact number for your Company to ring?

Thank you for testing. I’m sorry but product support is provided through this forum only though.

Ok- Could you try resetting the Salt for my please as I am struggling to do it?

Please give us FTP access.

Thanks.

Hi Julia,

It doesn’t logged me out from the last time I checked, but I went ahead and changed the salt. Could you try checking it again?

The iThemes security has a feature that alters the salt too.

Thanks!

Thank you it seems to work now

I found the issue was actually coming from some code I’ve used… On w3schools the slideshow code seemed to be causing an error and broke the page I was editing

A very strange fix and issue

Hey Julia,

You’re welcome!
We’re glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.