Page formatting lost when editing

Greetings, I’m creating a custom homepage. I currently have the Pro version. After spending time formatting a page, adding columns, rows, Grid elements, etc., after saving and later returning to edit, all previous format is gone. For example, I added a row and within I added four boxes from the “Manage Layout” section…Save. when I return to edit later, the boxes are place vertically, and all text formatting is gone… I have reformat again…then save… I’m new to this software and only experience in the past is with visual composer… Any help would be greatly appreciated…

Hey Fernando,

Thanks for writing in. It sounds like the issue is with saving. I believe you see the success message but the page is not actually saved. Please try the following solutions:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Thank you Christian for the reply… I did as you suggested but problem remains… Only way I can get my format back, other than doing it from scratch is to toggle the inner container on or off on the row’s formatting section… Not fun… I’m using the Pro theme and perhaps it was a mistake… Not very much documentation for it. Mostly I find for cornerstone and the X theme… Oh well… Thanks again…

Hi There,

If you still have the issue, please send us your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.
We are really sorry that you are facing issue with pro. We will try our be st to help you resolve it.

Thanks

Thanks Basalt and Christian… It seems the problem is the Grid plugin… I was hoping to use to pull content from my blog to put on my custom homepage… It is not on the elements for Pro. Used it from the classic session… Any suggestion as to how I can do the same with another plugin? Thanks again for the support…

Hi there,

I am not sure that I fully understand your issue or not, seems you are trying to show posts in . home page.
For that you can use classic recent post element.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

thank you… I will try that… Yes, I’m trying to put a few posts from my blog on a homepage… Thanks again…

You are most welcome.

That plugin seems to work… I was hoping to use something that I can add a little excerpt from the post so its not just an image with a hyperlink… Any suggestions? Thanks again…

Hi,

By default the recent posts does not include the excerpt.

To add the excerpt, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file.

function x_shortcode_recent_posts_v2code( $atts ) {
  extract( shortcode_atts( array(
    'id'           => '',
    'class'        => '',
    'style'        => '',
    'type'         => 'post',
    'count'        => '',
    'category'     => '',
    'offset'       => '',
    'orientation'  => '',
    'show_excerpt' => 'true',
    'no_sticky'    => '',
    'no_image'     => '',
    'fade'         => ''
  ), $atts, 'x_recent_posts' ) );

$allowed_post_types = apply_filters( 'cs_recent_posts_post_types', array( 'post' => 'post' ) );
  $type = ( isset( $allowed_post_types[$type] ) ) ? $allowed_post_types[$type] : 'post';

$id            = ( $id           != ''     ) ? 'id="' . esc_attr( $id ) . '"' : '';
  $class         = ( $class        != ''     ) ? 'x-recent-posts cf ' . esc_attr( $class ) : 'x-recent-posts cf';
  $style         = ( $style        != ''     ) ? 'style="' . $style . '"' : '';
  $count         = ( $count        != ''     ) ? $count : 3;
  $category      = ( $category     != ''     ) ? $category : '';
  $category_type = ( $type         == 'post' ) ? 'category_name' : 'portfolio-category';
  $offset        = ( $offset       != ''     ) ? $offset : 0;
  $orientation   = ( $orientation  != ''     ) ? ' ' . $orientation : ' horizontal';
   $show_excerpt  = ( $show_excerpt == 'true' );
  $no_sticky     = ( $no_sticky    == 'true' );
  $no_image      = ( $no_image     == 'true' ) ? $no_image : '';
  $fade          = ( $fade         == 'true' ) ? $fade : 'false';

$js_params = array(
    'fade' => ( $fade == 'true' )
  );

$data = cs_generate_data_attributes( 'recent_posts', $js_params );

$output = "<div {$id} class=\"{$class}{$orientation}\" {$style} {$data} data-fade=\"{$fade}\" >";

$q = new WP_Query( array(
      'orderby'             => 'date',
      'post_type'           => "{$type}",
      'posts_per_page'      => "{$count}",
      'offset'              => "{$offset}",
      "{$category_type}"    => "{$category}",
      'ignore_sticky_posts' => $no_sticky
    ) );

if ( $q->have_posts() ) : while ( $q->have_posts() ) : $q->the_post();

if ( $no_image == 'true' ) {
        $image_output       = '';
        $image_output_class = 'no-image';
      } else {
        $image              = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id(), 'entry-cropped' );
        $bg_image           = ( $image[0] != '' ) ? ' style="background-image: url(' . $image[0] . ');"' : '';
        $image_output       = '<div class="x-recent-posts-img"' . $bg_image . '></div>';
        $image_output_class = 'with-image';
      }

$excerpt = ( $show_excerpt ) ? '<div class="x-recent-posts-excerpt"><p>' . preg_replace('/<a.*?more-link.*?<\/a>/', '', cs_get_excerpt_for_social() ) . '</p></div>' : '';

$output .= '<a class="x-recent-post' . $count . ' ' . $image_output_class . '" href="' . get_permalink( get_the_ID() ) . '" title="' . esc_attr( sprintf( csi18n('shortcodes.recent-posts-permalink'), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ) . '">'
                 . '<article id="post-' . get_the_ID() . '" class="' . implode( ' ', get_post_class() ) . '">'
                   . '<div class="entry-wrap">'
                     . $image_output
                     . '<div class="x-recent-posts-content">'
                       . '<h3 class="h-recent-posts">' . get_the_title() . '</h3>'
                        . $excerpt
                     . '</div>'
                   . '</div>'
                 . '</article>'
               . '</a>';

endwhile; endif; wp_reset_postdata();

$output .= '</div>';

return $output;
}

add_action('wp_head', 'change_recent_posts_to_v2');
function change_recent_posts_to_v2() {
  remove_shortcode( 'x_recent_posts' );
  add_shortcode( 'x_recent_posts', 'x_shortcode_recent_posts_v2code' );
}

Hope that helps

March 2021 Update: The above code example has been adjusted to account for a change to a function name.

Thank you very much… Much appreciated…

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.