Page elements in visual composer not showing up on site

I have page elements, such as images, custom headlines, text etc that have been working fine - all of a sudden, there are no longer showing up on the site. The back-end is all there but the only thing showing up is the essential grid. Please urgently advise.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Do you have any caching plugin installed? If so, please purge your server cache and disable them temporarily.

Disable your 3rd party plugins and test your issue again.

Also check the X theme version and the plugins that you have installed and make sure you’re using X compatible versions. You can check the version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I have done so with the third party plugins - nothing helped. I have tried to also update X theme to the latest version but it keeps giving me an error. The site was working absolutely fine yesterday and now it there are multiple elements that just do not appear. It does seem like there is some sort of error, and I would need your assistance in rectifying this.

I can send through login details?

Hi again,

I did some research and it seems like a memory issue. Please add the following code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If this doesn’t help then try contacting your host to increase your allocated memory

Let us know how this goes!

HI There,

I have updated this on the hosting back-end, but nothing has helped. There are still all the elements form visual composer that are not displaying on the site.

Please advise what to do as this is getting extremely frustrating?

thank you

Guys, I have tried absolutely everything - theme is up to date, plugins have been de-activated and then re-activated again. wpconfig file amended for space. NOTHING is working, and there is still no display of the visual composer elements.

Please urgently advise???

Hi There,

Please provide your login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Avoid bumping on your own thread as it pushes it to the end of the queue.

Thanks

secure note below

Hey @bccila001,

I see you’re not using the Visual Composer version that is bundled with X. That is most likely the cause of the issue because the bundled version is tested to be compatible with X and the latest version might have some breaking changes. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-visual-composer/76 for more details.

Please uninstall the version you’re using and reinstall Visual Composer from X > Overview.

I checked your home page and there is only the grid in it.

The version of VC you’re using could have wiped out the X integrated elements. If that is the case, it would be best to restore your site from the latest working state first. Then, do the uninstalling and reinstalling of VC after.

Thanks.

hi there, thanks for the reply - i will try that. But just a note - the home page is not the one that i am concerned with - it is the contact page, about page and some of the other pages?

if i uninstall VC will it wipe out the vC content?

Hi,

No, it will not wipe out VC Content.

But as always, please create full back up of your site.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply

I have uninstalled VC, and re-installed it through X but the issue is still persisting. I don’t know what to do in order to rectify this problem, and it is causing a big issue on the site. The home page is not affected, but the other pages are all affected.

I have updated theme, and all plugins. I have checked memory issues. Nothing is working. Please advise.

Hey @bccila001,

Can you try this, clear all caches and deactivate optimization plugins like W3 Total Cache and other optimization plugins like Remove Query Strings From Static Resources I see in your site.

Then, update VC to the latest version. If you encounter an error updating, I’m sorry but please uninstall it again and reinstall thru X > Overview.

If that doesn’t help, please give us FTP access.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

No luck - followed all your instructions, but still not helping.

I will send through access to the cpanel in a secure note.

Thank you

Hi there,

Please try again this time, it looks like your cornerstone is updated but some files aren’t. I had to trace the files and it points out to registry.php

Thanks!

Thank you so so so much! it is working! I was stressing :slight_smile: Thank you again

Glad to hear we managed to help!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.