Page Editor Will Not Load

Page editor will not load - I just get a spinning circle. I’ve deactivated all plugins, cleared my cache, and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pro.

Wordpress and Pro are both up-to-date.

Hi @jchurch7,

Thanks for writing in.

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue. I checked your account and there are multiple sites so I can’t conduct an initial troubleshooting (version checking). Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

See secure message.

Hi again,

I tried to login to your site but it says Forbidden by system policy this could be due to a security plugin you might have installed, can you please disable it temporarily so we can take a look?

Thanks!

I’ve deactivated two plugins that could be causing that. Can you try again? Also, it could be your ip address - are you in the United States? If not, send me your IP address and I can have the restriction lifted.

Hi there,

I tried to access your site’s login page and I am getting the same issue as Nabeel. We, the staff are located in different parts of the world and another staff might handle the ticket the next time and because of that, we won’t be able to provide a specific IP so if there is any chance, kindly temporarily disable your site’s IP restriction.

For the meantime, please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you. The restriction has been lifted, but only for today. Can you let me know if you’re able to get into the site now?

Hi @jchurch7

When I tried to access your WordPress dashboard page I got this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thecooperslodge/public_html/wp-config.php:1) in /home/thecooperslodge/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

Here you can find a guide that should help you fixing this issue, let us know when this issue is fixed so we can investigate your main issue.

Thanks.

Hi Allaa,

I tried to update the wp-config.php file as requested and now cannot login, getting the same error that you are. The article did not solve the issue.

Any other thoughts how to troubleshoot this?

Hi @jchurch7

Try to disable all the plugins by renaming “plugins” folder to “plugins-off” under (/wp-content/plugins/) directory by connecting to your site via FTP, in case this didn’t help, then please report this issue to your hosting provider.

Thanks.

Fixed. Please see what you can do.

Hi there,

I’m a different staff member and I cannot login to your site as I’m getting the same error mentioned above.

See secure note.

Thanks!

That’s very odd. I am able to log out and in. Can you try again and let me know if you’re still getting the error?

Hi again,

I am able to login now. I tried to edit your page in pro builder and it’s loading fine on my end however your layer slider was having jQuery conflict, I made an adjustment in the layer slider setting and that issue is now fixed. Can you please clear your browser’s cache and try editing the page again.

Let us know how this goes!

After clearing my broswer cache I tried to edit and am getting the same spinning wheel, never loading to the edit page. I then tried deactivating the LayerSlider plugin and that did not help either.

Hello @jchurch7,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Yes, I can confirm that the Pro Content builder is not loading. I installed wp-server info plugin. While most of the settings looks like, I suggest you to increase PHP Max Script Execute Time currently from 60s to 300s. Then try loading the page builder.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

I’ve increased the PHP Max Script Execute Time and it will still not load.

Hi @jchurch7

I believe it has something to do with the permalinks structure you are using, you were using this:

/index.php/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

I’ve changed it to the “Post Name”, then I got the builder working fine after clearing my browser cache:

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. The editor is still not functioning for me. I had my host try and he is able to access the editor too. Why could it only be me having the issue?

Hi @jchurch7

It could be related to the browser you are using, or any of the browser add-ons/extensions, please try testing with different browsers, I recommend using Chrome incognito mode for testing.

Thanks.