Page edit not matching live page

Just started this morning, after editing a page, and now it’s happening on all pages…caches all cleared

The page looks fine live, but when going to edit it, the page to be edited seems to loose it’s formatting

Live Home Page (all ok):

https://liquidguru.com/submit/honeok1.png

Same page when in edit mode:

https://liquidguru.com/submit/homeedit1.png

It’s doing this on all pages, not just the Home Page

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Since you are using SiteGround, could you please disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

If that does not help, please provide us access to your site so that we can investigate further.

Regards.

@RueNel

Thanks for the quick reply. I disabled it and it hasn’t help.

FYI, i have never had this problem before, everything worked perfectly with the Siteground Cache.

I’ve just tried the same thing on another of my websites (hosted with Siteground) and it works normally…I’m thinking a recently update plugin is causing this.

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks @RueNel

Details in Secure note

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, but it has no admin rights, so we can not check your pages.

Did you add something on your header or footer recently? Can you audit all your custom HTML tags and/or CSS code you added recently to check for syntax error.

And if you have not done yet, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,

updated with admin rights @friech

Hi

Can you confirm you have tested for plugin conflict.

I can’t replicate this issue on my test sites so something in your site is causing it.
It’s quite hard to determine with over 30 plugins active.

If you can’t do this in your live site, you can create a staging site and do the plugin test in your staging

You can use this plugin to create an exact copy of your site.

Thanks

I disabled all my plugins and yes, the problem went away…but…

I first checked the Home Page, and all was good. But when I went to this page:

https://diveintoambon.com/faq/

And then selected edit, the problem came back!! Very strange

Hi,

Please try to flush/clear cache and deactivated supercacher in siteground cpanel.
Then have it remain deactivated and get back to us so we can do another series of test.

Thanks

Hi @paul.r

Flushed and deactivated for the site

Hi @liquidguru,

It’s due to Essential Grid plugin, The Diving 01 grid. Please try adding it as a shortcode within a text or raw element.

Thanks!

hI @Rad

Thanks for the reply. I’ve done what you’ve suggested on one page, and it hasn’t made any difference. Do you mean I have to change it on every page?

At present that grid is on many pages and, in every case, is in the Essential Grid element

Hi There,

The Essential Grid that is on your accordion element broke the markup on the builder. If you don’t mind please add your Essential Grid on the page using the Classic Essential Grid element.

Thanks,

@friech

Thanks for the reply. It was in a separate section and a Classic Essential Grid element before. I changed it just now, as per @Rad suggestion. I’m getting confused

Hi There,

I can replicate the issue on my end constantly, the issue is happening only if I put Essential Grid shortcode on an Accordion, Raw Content, or Text element or Content area element. Maybe Rad only saw the issue with The Diving 01 on accordion but not on text or raw element.

Please read this posts, I think this will shed some lights.

Please use (Revolution Slider, Essential Grid, and The Grid) respective element for adding it on the page.

Thanks,

@friech

Thanks. I’ll go through and make sure all accordions do not have any Essential Grids in them. The weird thing is everything has worked fine for the last 2 years. Never seen it before two days ago.

Yes, Essential Grids shortcode works on the older version of the theme/content builder.

Not only Accordion but also on other element that I mentioned above. On your FAQ page, I see another Essential Grids shortcode inside Content Area element.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.