Page Content lost

Hi I’ve just moved my site out of folder and onto the root level of my site. Everything seems to work, but some of the pages are missing all of the content that I’ve built in the Xtheme builder? It’s really odd some pages work and some don’t. Any ideas my site is http://www.rygate.com.au/

All the sliders and links work .

When I go into edit the page I can see

[cs_content][cs_element_section _id=“1”][cs_element_row _id=“2”][cs_element_column _id=“3”][cs_element_text _id=“4”][cs_element_gap _id=“5”][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=“11”][cs_element_row _id=“12”][cs_element_column _id=“13”][cs_element_image _id=“14”][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“15”][cs_element_text _id=“16”][cs_element_gap _id=“17”][cs_element_button _id=“18”][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=“23”][cs_element_row _id=“24”][cs_element_column _id=“25”][cs_element_text _id=“26”][cs_element_gap _id=“27”][cs_element_button _id=“28”][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id=“29”][cs_element_image _id=“30”][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=“35”][cs_element_row _id=“36”][cs_element_column _id=“37”][cs_element_text _id=“38”][cs_element_gap _id=“39”][cs_element_button _id=“40”][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][/cs_content]

But when I open it up in Cornerstone none of the content is there

I’m happy to provide me login details to get this issue sorted.

Hi there,

It seems that you did not move the website correctly. Please bring back a back up of your website which is in the subfolder and follow the steps mentioned in this article to move your website to a new folder.

It is very important that you follow the steps of the article to move your website. You can not move the website by simply copy/pasting the files.

I also suggest that you check the official recommendation of WordPress:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

Thank you.

Hi Christopher I did follow those steps. It’s just odd that some pages work and some don’t. I don’t have a back up :frowning:

Hi again,

Your cornerstone builder’s content might be corrupted. It still works at the front end because the content that being rendered is the standard shortcodes from your classic editor. In your case this could happen when you’re migrating your content to another domain / folder and then you accidentally edit the serialized data through database, exported template, or via migration.

If you had a backup then you could have re-done the migration correctly, i see the issue is indeed due to the migration. Maybe you try to restore your faulty pages to the previous working revisions and see if this works?

Let us know how this goes!

Thankyou so much Nabeel. This seems to be working!!! I’ll still have a bit of work to do, to get all the pages 100% correct, but you’ve saved me hours :slight_smile:

1 Like