Page Changes seemingy on its own

The text on the picture is an error and it shouldn’t look like thta - it’s changed without any updates in the Wordpress revisions log for over a year.

This looks like it’s related to the cornerstone plugin being used on the site. When checking the console within Chrome you’ll see the following errors:

DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: https://purpleturtlewellbeing.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/js/site/x.js.map

And advice please? (more errors to follow - link number restriction)

Other errors:

DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: https://purpleturtlewellbeing.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js.map
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: https://purpleturtlewellbeing.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js.map

Hello @abisti,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can yo please let us know how the text above the image that’s currently showing up is supposed to display? If the layout got changed automatically then I suggest you to try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Thanks.

Deactivated & reactivated plugins but a big problem now is the mobile / tablet menu - the 3 lines are there but clicking on it does nothing:

(except on a mobile phone, it works then, but not other small screens)

Also, reactivating Cornerstone turns the social media icons at the top to blank rectangles

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please confirm if you are using the latest version of theme and plugins.

Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide the following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Yes, everything is up to date. How do I set as secure note when posting?

Hi There,

Thanks for asking!

You can set the secure note by clicking on the key icon below to the post.

Please check this for more help!

Thanks

Testing as I can’t see anything like that here

Hey @abisti,

I don’t see console error you saw but the one showing up on my end is due to a script you added in Global JS. You included a script tag in there. I’ve temporarily removed it (see secure note).

Regarding the missing icon, it’s mostly due to caching. I cleared the Style Cache in X > Settings but the issue persisted. I see what looks like a third party caching plugin in your site. Please clear all caches in your caching plugin.

Please also try contacting your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

I also switch to the parent theme to ensure there’s no customization affecting the icon.

Just note that we could not call this a bug yet because the icon displays fine in my test sites. If what I suggested doesn’t help, please provide FTP access also.

The issue could be fixed with the CSS below but I would not recommend this because we do not have support for custom codes.

.x-topbar [data-x-icon], .x-topbar [class*="x-icon-"] {
  font-family: "FontAwesomeBrands";
}

Thanks.

Hi

OK I’ve got the icons working but no progress on the mobile menu not working (no dropdown when you click on it, if you make a desktop browser thin enough to activate it). My client has a small-screen laptop and experiences this problem.

I didn’t build this site BTW, just inherited it.

Thanks

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

I tried on desktop and mobile device and the mobile menu are properly working. It expands okay, or maybe are you expecting it to expand when clicking the menu title instead of toggle icon? If not, please clear your browser cache and test it again. It works okay on my end.

Thanks!

OK I’ll try & explain again. I know it works OK as a ‘normal’ desktop menu & works on mobiles. The problem - experienced by my client and also reproduced here when I try - happens on laptops with small screens and also tablets… so larger than mobiles but smaller than your average desktop resolution. Click on the three horizontal lines and nothing happens

Hi There,

To fix that issue, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

@media (max-width: 1240px){
   .x-nav-wrap.mobile {
        display: block;
   }
   .x-nav-wrap.mobile.x-collapsed {
       display: none;
   } 
}

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.