Page attributes on custom post types | Yoast Local SEO

Hello X team,

I have a problem with my page attributes on a custom post. I heard it’s a custom post from Yoast. Actually I don’t understand why the plugin Local SEO should create a custom post.

I don’t like the way my local pages look like now. At the top of the page I see a author name and a date also the left content i don’t want it there.

I already had contact with support from Yoast but them say it’s a theme issue.
Please advice.

Hi,

1. The author name and the date are called post meta. You can turn it off under Theme Options > Blog > Content

1. To make your product page full width, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file.
function make_product_fullwidth($layout) {  
   if(x_is_product()) {      
       $layout = "full-width";
   }
  return $layout;
}

add_filter('x_option_x_layout_content', 'make_product_fullwidth',9999);

Hope that helps.

Hi X Team,

I turned off Post Meta under Theme Options > Blog > Content
Still the author name and the date are there.

The code you gave me for the functions.php file is that only for the specific custom post page or
for all my pages? Is it also to change the content instead of changing to full-width?

Hello There,

1.) The code should have work. There code be a caching issue in your site or server. Since you are using SiteGround, could you please disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

2.) The code will only apply to the product pages. All the product pages will become fullwidth and will not affect other pages.

Hope this helps.

Hi x team,

Don’t understand you answer on point 1 and 2:

1 is about turning off Post Meta and you answer me with a code thing.
2 is about custom post page and not a product page and if it’s also possible to change the content on the left instead of changing to full-width?

Hi there,

As my colleague mentioned turning off the Meta Options should work as it seems that you used the same code for the custom post type. You will need to clear cache to see the result. If needed you can add the CSS code below to X > Launch > Options > CSS:

.wpseo_locations-template-default .p-meta {
    display: none;
}

I did not understand what is the request for the second item. Please describe more in details so we can be of a help.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.