Padding section missing from edit column

Website Info:

The problem I’m having is:

1. My newer pages are missing the padding section from the left edit column on all new pages in cornerstone.
  2. My old pages do not have that problem.

I am attaching a screenshot.

Hello @bperry420,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please make sure to Turn On Advanced Mode under X > Settings > User Preference > Advanced Mode and select Always On.

Thanks.

That worked, but why do my pages that were built 2 years ago still show the old style editor on the left?
see this screenshot…

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion, that is because prior to the V2 (new) elements. We used the now then called Classic Elements those classic elements, sections, rows, and columns are what you’re seeing that has only limited options. And v2 elements, sections, rows, and columns are the ones that has the advance options.

More details about V2 element versus Classic elements here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Ok, so how do I upgrade the old pages to have the V2 elements when I edit those pages?
Why are they not upgraded? If I click on a section (not an element) it shows me the old editor on the left.

Hi @bperry420,

There is no automatic update from classic to v2 elements, v2 elements are only applicable for newly added sections, rows, columns, and elements.

You’ll have to rebuild it if you wish to use v2 elements. Classic and v2 elements are still valid content so they work just fine, except, features are different.

Thanks!

ok, thank you.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.