Overview. tabs not showing/working

My Website is exhibiting some strange behaviors. I recently had this built by an agency and then turned over to me. Had issues out of the gate. Mostly just product related; easy to fix. That said, I presently cannot get my product descriptions to show, nor the reviews. I see both tabs, yet none will open or show on the page. 2 days ago they showed fine. I have installed one or two plugins. And deleted several too. I systematically disabled those I installed, but see no difference in this description/review tab issue.

I bought the license to PRO, but am hesitant to upgrade X/Child to that before getting a handle on this issue. The folks that put the site together had some code in the Functions php file getting rid of those tabs. Once I deleted that, the tabs showed and worked. A week ago on the deletion, and only two days ago on the tabs no longer working. Showing, but not working.

Also reading the documentation of X, I see there is an X shortcode plugin. Where would I find that within? I see add-on/extensions but see no sign of that plugin.

So many small issues like this make it hard to put a cogent request together to seek support with.

Thought’s or advise, please?

Thanks,
tom
2Aholster.com

Hi Tom,

I can see you have updated cornerstone but not the theme.

These 2 should be updated simultaneously to prevent incompatibility issues.

Kindly update your theme to latest version(v5.2.2) and clear your browser cache then check again.

Thanks

Hey Paul,
Thanks. Good Call on the proper updating!

Okay, so for instance this page: https://www.2aholster.com/product/litepath-chest-holster/

You can hover and the description and Reviews Tabs change, but do nothing.

Any ideas there?

Thank you!
tom

Addtional question, or should I start a new thread?

I’m running Pro-X on a subdomain. And once I updated to the latest version it deactivated the cornerstone plugin and gave the fatal error, Cannot redeclare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base in /home//***.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6
I deleted cornerstone. Created a zip out of the cornerstone included in Pro and retried to upload & activate, no joy.

Ideas on this, or new thread?
thanks,
tom

Hi Tom,

I can see you do have caching. Please try to clear cache and then check again.

For Pro question, unlike X theme, Pro doesn’t require Cornerstone. Content builder on Pro is built in on the theme. When you have X theme and then move to Pro, once Pro is installed it will deactivate Cornerstone plugin. So again, Cornerstone is not needed on PRO.

Hope this helps.

Hey Lely,

Yes. Gotcha on Pro!

On the tabs. This problem existed prior to Wp-Rockett Cache plugin installation. That said, I have both cleared cache in that console, and deactivated it to test. No joy.

thank you!

Hey there,

Please check for the following:

1. Clear all caches again including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If none of that works, please give us access to your WP admin and FTP in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

So, On my Sub domain that uses /Pro-child, I cannot get my simple fixed right header to show on Mobile screens. I added the code; @media (max-width: 979px){
.x-navbar-fixed-top{
position: fixed;
}
body.x-navbar-fixed-top-active .x-navbar-wrap {
height: 90px;
}
}

but no joy.
Any ideas there?

(On the main domain, I haven’t returned to it to initiate the ideas proposed concerning caching/plugins/CDN. related to the tabs problem)

Summary

The sub is x.2aholster.com

thanks,
tom

Hello Tom,

In your sub domain, you are using custom header. Your css will not work in the custom header. Please edit your custom header and enable the Sticky Bar option.

For the tabs issue, could you please provide us access to your site so that we can take a closer look?

Thank you in advance.

I see you have a lot of plugins related to WooCommerce and one of them might be conflicting that is why your description and review tabs don’t work. Please clear all your caches and deactivate all third party plugins to speed things up while this investigation is on going.

If that is not possible, copy your site over to a staging server and we’ll continue investigating there.

To avoid confusion, please open a separate thread for your other issues and also post your credentials there.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.