Outdated woocommerce template files (not a child theme or own template)

@Lely thanks for clarifying! could you also explain what to do in case you do not want to copy that newer template to your child theme? can i just replace the newer one of the woocommerce plugin with the one in x-theme? or should i wait for a theme update on this? please reply quickly i really want to be done with this actually simple issue asap. thanks a lot! kai
ps: will there be an update regarding this in pro/x?

Shouldn’t there be an update to X and Pro to correct this issue since it’s the file that comes with them that is the wrong version?

1 Like

The only breaking change I see in single-product-reviews.php is on line 68.

Change

<?php if ( get_option( 'woocommerce_review_rating_verification_required' ) === 'no' || wc_customer_bought_product( '', get_current_user_id(), $product->id ) ) : ?>

to

<?php if ( get_option( 'woocommerce_review_rating_verification_required' ) === 'no' || wc_customer_bought_product( '', get_current_user_id(), $product->get_id() ) ) : ?>

Basically, you are changing $product->id to $product->get_id() to fix the error in the code.

Your Woocommerce will still complain until apex updates the template, but at least there won’t be any coding errors.

cool and thanks @Kode3We!
@Lely could you pls confirm?

Hi There,

Yes, that is part of the changes. But the template outdated message will still be there even if you update that line.

dear @Lely, i am still confused what to do. as i understand it theme.co would have to update their themes to make it compatible with woocommerce again. right? and if so will you? thanks, kai

also germanized for woocommerce gives me that information:
Theme ist noch nicht für WooCommerce Germanized optimiert (Theme is not yet optimized for WooCommerce Germanized). do you also take the plugin germanized in consideration?
thanks again! kai

Correct, Woocommerce would still say that it’s out of date when you change that line.

However, at least the code would work for anyone using Woocommerce >v3.2 until you guys release an update that has a fix that will work for Woocommerce both before and after v3.2.

When should we expect to see an update?

@Kode3Web thanks a lot for your help!
just a thought: why can’t i just replace the whole php page with the latest version? why only that one line in the code? would it break something?
too bad we have not better information from theme.co!

You could do that but the Woocommerce template wouldn’t have the theme-specific code that is in the file.

ah thanks. of course - now that you say it… :wink:

Hi Guys,

For future reference, please always check our compatibility page and changelog before updating to prevent this kind of issues.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks

hi paul, will this issue be gone with the next update or must we do it ourselfs now? thanks again! kai

Hi There @iTurtle

This issues will be resolved once in a while with the new update releases. However if you have WooCommerce template changes in your child theme, those issues you will have to manually resolve.

Thanks!

hi @mldarshana, thanks for your reply. but i was asking about this specific issue i am having. will it be resolved by theme.co or not? thanks. kai
ps: you find my specific issue further up in this thread.

Hello @iTurtle,

Are you still getting this?
“Theme ist noch nicht für WooCommerce Germanized optimiert (Theme is not yet optimized for WooCommerce Germanized)”

We only fix the issue with WooCommerce. Since this is another 3rd party plugin, we still need to investigate further and add for plugin support. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Thank you for your understanding.

hi @RueNel, i can’t find that note anywhere anymore :wink: thanks! just updated to woocommerce 3.2.2 and still ok. best regards, kai

Hey @iTurtle,

We are just glad that by updating WooCommerce corrected the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

@RueNel just to clarify. the issue was gone before! the update. i meant that after the latest update it was still ok… i assumed you did something to correct that issue. that is what you wrote. no?

Yes. Good to know it’s now resolve.