Outdated Woo Commerce templates and database tables do not exist

Hey guys,

I’ve just updated to X v6.3.8 and Woo Commerce v3.5.1. I am getting the error message on my dashboard saying “Your theme (X – Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files”. I’ve seen other posts on the forum with the same issue and they’ve been told that an update is coming out which will address this error but that it isn’t a major problem and everything will still function fine with X and WC. Assuming this is the case I will wait for this update to roll out and take care of that…

My other issue is in my WC database, where apparently 12 database tables do not exist. I don’t fully understand the database tables and their functions but I’ve not had this issue in the past and assume that they probably should exist… Can you help me figure out why they don’t exist or what’s wrong with this situation? I am based in Australia and have customers in America who are currently having trouble purchasing from my site. I’m not certain but I assume it has something to do with these WC issues.

WC system status report in private note below. Thank you in advance!!

Hey Thomas,

The theme has no connection with WooCommerce’s database tables. It only overrides some files. You will need to forward this to WooCommerce support.

Thanks.

Thanks, I will

Can you tell me what is the latest supported version of WooCommerce with the current version of X?

Hey there,

The latest supported version of WooCommerce is 3.5.1 You can check this here as well https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Hope this helps!

Thanks

I was also having trouble with the checkout page in my store in so far as the billing details fields were not displaying in the correct order. It should normally go in the order of First Name, Last Name, Company, Country, Street Address, State etc… but the order that the fields were displaying on my checkout page was something like State, First Name, Street Address, Postcode, Country, Email Address, Last Name… All mixed up. No matter how many times I edited the order of these fields in the WooCommerce settings they stayed all mixed up.

Not sure if this was due to some compatibility issue or if it was an X issue or a WooCommerce issue?

This was while I had X 6.3.8 and WooCommerce 3.5.1 installed so I restored WooCommerce to version 3.5.0 and my checkout page was back to normal… My database tables are still missing though and certain features of my store are still affected (i.e. automatic confirmation emails sent after purchases). I have opened a support ticket with WooCommerce to try and address these issues.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Thomas,

Before I go checking the order of the fields, may I know which settings you’re changing its order? Or are you referring to WP Checkout editor extension? If yes, please allow me to test and apply changes on your checkout fields setting. But please backup your site first since it’s live.

The theme update shouldn’t affect the database as it’s only using the database API provided by Wordpress. It has no ability to alter tables, so it could be due to the Woocommerce update. Let us know if you hear anything from them regarding this issue.

Thanks!

Hi again - sorry for the delay in replying.

I have managed to get my site back to normal. I opened a support ticket with WooCommerce and worked with them to fix my issues. I don’t think my checkout errors were related to the theme as they were corrected by restoring an older version of WooCommerce. I systematically restored different versions of my database and WooCommerce plugin to try and find the cause of the issues.

In the end it turns out there was some kind of issue with WooCommerce 3.5.0/3.5.1 running on WP multisite environments that caused the database tables to be flagged as missing in the status report, even though when manually checking the database they were in fact there. From one of the WooCommerce technicians who handled my ticket:

“We have seen other reports of 3.5.0 / 3.5.1 from multisites which were reporting missing tables in the SSR but when manually checking the database, those tables still existed. This is a known issue and the fix should be part of 3.5.2”

This apparently didn’t cause issues with the plugin functioning, but I was definitely having issues with my store. So I’m currently running an older version of WC until they fix this. All is good for now though and X 6.3.8 is running fine!

Thanks for your help on this!

You’re most welcome! And thanks for sharing, I didn’t know that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.