Organize WooCommerce Product Categories

Good afternoon,

I am running the latest version of Pro.

Unfortunately, no matter how I organize my categories, they will not display in the right order on http://denverhighrises.com/condo-search/.

They should be in this order based on how I have set them up: All Towers, Proposed, Under Construction, Presale, Completed. They are set to show this hierarchy, and have been dragged and dropped into the right order… all to no avail.

Please advise,
J

Hi there,

Actually, this is not related to our theme and is the default feature of the Product Category Widget which is there in Woocommerce.

That widget which you used to show your categories list the categories based on the order they are created. You can test that by checking the Category IDs:

Product Category ID Name of the Category
25 All Towers
29 Completed Towers

You either need to hire a developer to implement the functionality for you to have custom orders in the Product Categories widget or search for 3rd party plugins. We do not have any official recommendations about the 3rd party plugins.

Thank you for your understanding.

Good afternoon,

I understand the default features of the Product Categories widget, but Pro Theme seems to be overriding them. In this case, I went ahead and deleted every single category and added them back twice. First I tried them in reverse order, and then I tried again in proper order. They should be in this order: All Towers, Proposed, Under Construction, Presale, Completed.

In other words, no matter what order I create the categories in, they are not displaying in that proper order. Please feel free to use my WP credentials from the post above to try to this yourself. In the event that you can confirm this issue, can you please assist?

Thank you,
J

Hi there,

I am not sure that it is the case. You can check it by changing the theme from Pro to the default WordPress thee and see how it shows on that theme. We do not have any code manipulation when it comes to the default Product Category widget of the Woocommerce.

Anyway, you can use the Flex display of CSS to sort the items as you want. Please add the CSS code below to Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

.widget_product_categories .product-categories {
	display: flex;
	flex-flow: column wrap;
}

.widget_product_categories .product-categories .cat-item-25 {
	order:  1;
}

.widget_product_categories .product-categories .cat-item-58 {
	order:  2;
}

.widget_product_categories .product-categories .cat-item-57 {
	order:  3;
}

.widget_product_categories .product-categories .cat-item-56 {
	order:  4;
}

.widget_product_categories .product-categories .cat-item-55 {
	order:  5;
}

Hope it helps.

Perhaps others will comment on this thread, having noticed the same issue, and your code will prove useful to them as well.

Thank you,
J

Yes but they need to change the .cat-item-XX for each line because categories have different ID.

We are delighted to assist you with this,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.