Optimising for mobile

Hi, is there an easy way to optimise for mobile devices? I’ve been trying to tweak margins etc but nothing seems to be working. It just throws everything into the same space.

Thanks

Hi Matthew,

May we know how you are tweaking margins etc? It might not working because of CSS specificity. To help you better please share the exact URL with issue on mobile. Then describe what you are trying to achieve. This way we can be sure on the solution we can suggest. Thank you.

The URL is below, we have a coming soon plugin active on the front page. This disables it for a period of time.

I’d like it to be viewable in mobile. All themes I’ve used in the page autochange to a mobile view, where this one doesn’t seem to do that - unless I’m missing something?

Having looked at it on a site that lets you check different resolutions, it seems to not conform at all. It just squashes it al together, instead of fitting it nicely.

Is there documentation on getting it mobile ready?

Hi Matthew,

What you were referring is a dedicated mobile site completely different from a desktop site, like how facebook mobile is different from facebook desktop design. But in our theme, it just responds to screen sizes with same theme design.

Our theme is a framework in which usually used for site development where you’ll have to create and build it, for example, since you’re on Pro, adding a menu will not automatically switch it to mobile when viewed on mobile. You’ll have to utilize the Hide during breakpoints feature.

Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378

With that feature, you’ll have to add two menu elements, the inline menu (for desktop), and navigation collapsed (for mobile) and simply hide each menu element from devices they aren’t meant to be displayed. And with that, you manually created your own responsive navigation.

And as for content, you could use the same feature to display contents for different device. Hence, you’ll have to control which to display on each device in case you wish to make it different from the other device views like desktop. This may help you as well https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/pro-headers-on-mobile-devices/21133/4

Thanks!

Ah okay great. I’ll have a look, thanks for clearing that up Rad :slight_smile:

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.