Oops you blew Up the Internet

All my film under my portfolio are embedded and none of the links are working - page not forund, you blew up the internet comes up.

I’ve made sure permalinks are set to post sample

I’ve cleared style cache under X settings

I read a different post that this happened with YouTube embedded videos, so maye could be the reason of my problem I am using vimeo
Do I need to install X 6.5.5 ? Can you send me the file.

Hello @LucyKeile,

Thanks for writing in!

This issue is a known bug in X 6.5.6. You can revert back to version X 6.5.5 if you still have a backup copy. And if there is none, you may need to add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file:

// Custom Featured Video
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_featured_video' ) ) :
  function x_featured_video( $post_type = 'video' ) {

$entry_id     = get_the_ID();
    $stack        = x_get_stack();
    $aspect_ratio = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_aspect_ratio', true );
    $m4v          = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_m4v', true );
    $ogv          = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_ogv', true );
    $embed        = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_embed', true );
    $fullwidth    = ( in_array( 'x-full-width-active', get_body_class() ) ) ? true : false;

if ( $fullwidth ) {
      $poster = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $entry_id ), 'entry-fullwidth', false );
    } else {
      $poster = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $entry_id ), 'entry', false );
    }

if ( $embed != '' ) {
      echo do_shortcode( '[x_video_embed type="' . $aspect_ratio . '" no_container="true" class="mvn"]' . stripslashes( wp_specialchars_decode( $embed, ENT_QUOTES ) ) . '[/x_video_embed]' );
    } else {
      echo do_shortcode( '[x_video_player m4v="' . $m4v . '" ogv="' . $ogv . '" poster="' . $poster[0] . '" type="' . $aspect_ratio . '" advanced_controls="true" preload="metadata" hide_controls="false" autoplay="false" loop="false" muted="false" no_container="true" class="custom by x staff mvn"]' );
    }

}
endif;

This is a temporary fix. You may remove this when the X 6.6.0 will be available.

Please let us know how it goes.

I did as you suggested and it works. Will the next theme have these issues fixed?
BTW thank you

Hey @LucyKeile,

If you’ve child theme active then go to Appearance > Editor

Then click on Theme Functions (functions.php) file:

Now copy the above code and paste it at the end of the file. Let us know how this goes!

P.S: I see you’ve edited your reply, yes we’ve already submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.