One page navigation not working well

Hi, I have selected One Page Navigation in my website homepage and adding #x-content-band ids to the sections, but the navigation is not working properly: the id is showing in the address bar, and I want it to be hidden.

Web: http://thelobstar.es

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Removing ID from URL bar in case of one page navigation will fall outside the scope of support we can offer. However, I suggest you to take a look at following treads for some help:

Thanks.

Thanks @prasant. But in other occasions when I used theme X the id was not showing in address bar. For achieving that I was using the x-content-band ids. The problem is that now the sections donโ€™t have these x-content-bands ids added automatically. So now there is no easy option to use the One Page Navigation without showing ids at address bar?

Any help please??

Hi, still waiting for a response: is it not possible now to have One Page navigation configured without seeing ids on the URL bar, as it was possible before??

Hi Fabio,

I recommend adding the IDs manually to your section, that should personalize the URL too like #team and more.

And, itโ€™s very important for the URL to have that hashed ID for siteโ€™s SEO. Please check this https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/webmasters/yVyT0RbK3TI/8WCo3vxjBQAJ. Itโ€™s also indication that the site has sub sections.

Thanks!

Hey Fabio,

Yes, the old behavior was the fragment or # is not included in the URL and this was changed for a number of reasons. Most users want the normal behavior where clicking the link adds the fragment in the URL. This also gives the ability to smooth scroll to the section by visiting the URL with fragment. Your visitors will also be able to share specific sections of your page.

We do not support changing this behavior this is why you will need to consult with a third party developer.

What I would recommend is you change the generated section ID (#x-content-band) to a custom one then use that in your menu item URL. Please watch the screencast in the secure note.

Hope that helps.

Ok, @Rad and @christian_y, thanks for the clarifications!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.