One page navigation links all broken

All of the navigation links and buttons are not working on the one page navigation of our website: burnamgray.com

Can you look into this and help me? It has worked fine for a few years and now all of a sudden they doesn’t work. Thank you for your help!

my site: burnamgray.com

hi there,

Thanks for writing in!
I can see there is several JS error in your page which is causing the issue.

To fix this I would like to suggest you few troubleshooting processes to see if the issue solved.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, we will happy to help!

Thanks

Hi thank you for the speedy reply. I did the first two things and now the website has a fatal error. Can you please help with this? Is this something you can fix??

Hello @mollyrox123,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I can confirm the Fatal Error showing up on the website front and back end. I am really sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Do one thing, using FTP programs like Filezilla login to FTP and under /wp-content/plugins/ directory rename Cornerstone folder to cornerstone-old. Once you rename the folder, you should not see the error message on the website. However, you may see bunch of shortcodes and that is because Cornerstone is not installed yet. As you have only Cornerstone licence, you will have to install Cornerstone by downloading the plugin file from members area or from Envato downloads section. After that please install Cornerstone from Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin.

You can take a look at following tutorial to get started with Filezilla:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Great thanks for your help!

I did the first thing – and added Cornerstone-old. That worked well and as described.

Then I went to download cornerstone plugin and it’s doing the fatal error message again - any thoughts to why it’s still doing that?

That fatal error is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. Upgrading PHP to a supported version will fix it in the meantime. For more info, take a look at the release notes: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-1-x-6-1-cornerstone-3-1/33890

OK great that fixed it! However the one page navigation is still broken.

I see you have this custom code on your site:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

var windowObj            = $(window);
    var body                 = $('body');
    var bodyOffsetBottom     = windowObj.scrollBottom();             // 1
    var bodyHeightAdjustment = body.height() - bodyOffsetBottom;     // 2
    var bodyHeightAdjusted   = body.height() - bodyHeightAdjustment; // 3
    var scrollTopAnchor      = $('.x-scroll-top');

function sizingUpdate(){
      var bodyOffsetTop = windowObj.scrollTop();
      if ( bodyOffsetTop > ( bodyHeightAdjusted * 0.75 ) ) {
        scrollTopAnchor.addClass('in');
      } else {
        scrollTopAnchor.removeClass('in');
      }
    }

windowObj.bind('scroll', sizingUpdate).resize(sizingUpdate);
    sizingUpdate();

scrollTopAnchor.click(function(){
      $('html,body').animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 850, 'easeInOutExpo');
      return false;
    });

});

Could you try removing that from your custom scripts? It looks like it’s conflicting with some changes made in Cornerstone for this release.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.