One page navigation issue on Chrome

Hello,
I have put together a home page on my website with one-page navigation. While everything works as expected on Safari browser, on Chrome the scroll goes too far down and offsets by 60 px. That looks like the height of the fixed navbar is being ignored when navigating on-page. Interestingly, when I provide the URL with /#id at the end, the section is being positioned es expected.
Can you please help? The website is https://www.motorhome.pl/

Regards
Marcin

1 Like

Hi @Marcin_Podwojski,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, you should only use #id as the link of the menu, that’s how one-page navigation should be setup. The ID has to match to the target section.

May I know what else you’re trying to achieve with one-page navigation? Because it should be implemented as single page with IDs as URL.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Apologies for being not clear enough. I set the one-page navigation using #ids. It works fine on Safari (desktop version). But when I click on the menu item on Chrome, when the page scrolls to the section with the specified #id, it goes 60 px too far, leaving a visible offset.
However, if I use a direct link (e.g. https://www.motorhome.pl/#cennik) there no off-set.

Regards
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

I see what you mean but it’s varying on my end. Could you try removing the CSS that alters the height of your navbar to 60px? Then please set it at Theme Options > Header > Navbar Height to 60?

Let me know, some section works okay so this is probably isolated to those sections only and not an actual bug.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

I have removed the only piece of the global css setting navbar height. It was there to resolve another issue present on mobile.
The navbar height has been set to 60px.

I cleared cache but no improvements so far.

Regards
Marcin

Hello Marcin,

I have checked your site and it seems that there is a broken css which been causing this issue. Can you please disable the LiteSpeed Cache plugin so we can check and find out which of the custom css is giving this conflict in your site? If possible, please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks.

Hi RueNel,

I provide the user name and password in a Secure Note. Please feel free to deactivate caching plugins (LiteSpeed Cache and Autoptimize) when needed. Thank you!

Regards
Marcin

Hi @Marcin_Podwojski,

The other menu items that have correct offset now stops working as soon I deactivated the cache plugins. I added this to our issue tracker as there are similar reports regarding this.

Seems the affected is the standard header with a manually applied menu.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Many thanks for checking the issue.
I am not sure if I understand correctly. Should it be considered as kind of a bug? If yes, should I wait for next release for resolution? Or is there anything I could do on my end, like a workaround?
Are the similar issues reported for PRO theme? Maybe it would be worth to upgrade now?

Regards
Marcin

Hello Marcin,

Do not update yet. We just reported the issue to our developers. They are already aware of this and will be fixing the issue. Once the’ve fix this, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release update cycle.

Please bear with us. Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

Hello again. This is just to let you know that neither 7.1.0 nor 7.1.1 update has fixed the issue.
As I am really getting ready to move to PRO theme, can you please let me know if it has the same problem with one page navigation?

Thanks for your support!
Regards
Marcin

Hey @Marcin_Podwojski,

The issue has not been fix in this release.
It is best you check out our change log and release notes for this update.

Please bear with us.

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your patience with this issue. We have corrected it for the next release which is scheduled for this afternoon.

@alexander, sorry to say, but the update did not solve the problem on my end. Actually I have not noticed any change and the scroll down still works differently on Safari and Chrome (Mac OS).

Regards
Marcin

Hello Marcin,

I can confirmed that the issue still exist. I will forward this thread to Alex.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.