One Page Navigation - "back button" in sub page jumps to wrong location

Hi There,
I tried searching for this topic but couldn’t find anything. I hope i’m not repeating anything.

I have built this site (www.hww.cc). The Home page features a one page navigation. If one goes down to “PRODUKTE” and clicks on one of the images - it leads to another page. However, often times when in this sub page, and clicking on the browsers “back” button it jumps to a different part of the home page and not the “PRODUKTE” section where we initially clicked from.
Is there any way of fixing this?

Thanks,
Robert

Hello Robert,

Thanks for writing in!

I tested the website on my end and it seems to be working fine. Clicking browser back button is leading to the correct section of the website. Please see screencast. Please clear browser cache and see how it goes.

I also noticed that you are using somewhat old version of X Theme 6.2.5 and Cornerstone 3.5.4. It can cause some compatibility issues. In that regards, I suggest you to update X Theme to latest version 6.5.6. You can refer following resources to update X Theme:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Hi Prasant, thanks for your speedy reply.
However, after trying to update X-Theme i’ve received a “fatal error”. I have gotten a recovery link from Wordpress where I can enter recovery mode. the fault says: “ERROR: This theme failed to load properly and was paused within the admin backend”.
The theme is now listed under broken themes and says it is installed but incomplete.

I hope this can be fixed!
Thanks and all the best,
Robert

Hello Robert,

We’re sorry you’re having this issue. Please try to reinstall the updated theme manually. Please check our guide on this article under manual update. Do let us know how this goes.

Hi @Lely Thanks for the tip - it seems to have fixed itself overnight. Now when going to the Dashboard I receive the message that the update has succesful installed. I assume it just took some time? Maybe something to let users know when updating…

However I am having another problem. For example following page: https://www.hww.cc/schnittholz/ (as many of the other pages) seem to have problems with overlapping text in mobile format. I tried doing some research however couldn’t come to an answer that worked…

Sorry for the multiple questions within the initial thread/question!

Best,
Robert

Hey Robert,

The cause of the issue is the big negative margin you applied to all of your rows. Your row’s Margin setup looks like this.

Set -50% to 0.

Feel free to post questions related to our products. But, please open 1 thread per topic because mixing topics in 1 thread, that usually causes confusion. It just happens that I figured out the cause now. Please post separate issues in a different thread next time.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.