Olark - Free integration Not working

Hi, I’ve tried everything apex and the olark’s website says to do to install Olark onto my website, and the plug-in is still not working. Any idea’s how to fix this issue? Or at least recommend a plug-in that will actually work? Thank you

Hey Mickey.

The Olark Integration extension works in my test sites so it’s unlikely that there’s a bug in it. I just input my Olark ID and it works.

Please check the Olark ID you inserted is correct. Or, if you’re not aware that you need to input the Olark ID, login to Olark and visit this link https://www.olark.com/install. It’s also available in the Olark Integration plugin setup page.

The ID could be found in the URL or if you click the Install as a plugin button.

If you choose the latter, you can see the ID like this.

If your setup is correct, it’s highly likely that a script from a third party plugin or custom code is conflicting or causing the issue. Please check open your home page (frontend) and open the console (press F12 or refer to your browser’s documentation) and see if there are errors. If there are, take a screenshot of the errors and post it here.

You can alternatively try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

Hello Mickey,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Checking the error message that you have shared in secure note might be conflicting with Jetpack. I then checked the URL listed in licence page. Upon opening the URL I can see that you are using Jetpack plugin. Can you please deactivate Jetpack from Plugins > Installed Plugins and then try to setup Olark again and see how it goes.

Thanks.

I removed jetpack and reinstalled everything including "Olark Live Chat " and that did not help from what I am seeing.

UPDATE: I decided to look on a mobile device and it appears to be working, but it does not show up on my chromebook?

Hi,

I check in mobile and in two computers, seems to be working fine on my end.

Can you try clearing your browser cache in your chromebook then check again.

Thanks

Thank you for your help but I’ve removed the plug-ins and installed another program that allows for the same thing with more resources. I would post it here but I don’t think you allow affiliate links. Do you?

Hi,

Yes, that’s correct. We don’t allow affiliate links to be posted in the forum as stated in our community guidelines.

Thanks

Got it, hence why I didn’t post what I switched to. You guys are awesome with all your help though!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.