Og: image tag problems

I’ve seen a couple threads about this, but the solution suggested is not working. When I share my website url on Facebook, it shares my logo as the thumbnail, not the featured image or the image specified in Yeost SEO plugin. I’ve tried disabling open graph in the SEO plugin, to no avail. Facebook open graph debugger continues to return the following error:

The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

The two images it gives me to choose from are my logo and the main slider image, neither of which is the thumbnail I specified.

Hi Kate,

As you already use the Yoast SEO plugin which does have a detailed section to add the Open Graph images you need to go to X > Theme Options > Social and disable the Open Graph feature there:

Then make sure that the theme is in version 6.1.6 and the Cornerstone is in version 3.1.6, if not please do the update. Click here for more information.

After that make sure that you use the latest version of the Yoast SEO plugin and follow the steps below:

Finally, make sure that you clear any cache that you might have in your installation and wait a day to make sure the Facebook will pick up the changes.

By turning off the option we mentioned in the Theme Options our theme will not have anything to do with this matter and if you fail to have the image it is caused by another reason, you can test that by changing the theme to the default WordPress theme which will remove any part from us regarding the case.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.