Odd interface issue when adding text elements

I’m running Pro 2.3.6 and have been seeing some odd issue when adding text elements in particular. They somehow get “linked”.

When I modify text in one text element, the other text element displays the same text.

If I delete the other text element, the first one also deletes.

Its as though they both are sharing the same ID of some sort.

Usually at that point I have to reload the content builder for things to resolve themselves.

Hello @wbgTHEMECO,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Problem you are reporting is quite odd. Can you please share login details in secure note for us to take a closer look? In the meantime, please try out following solutions:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that the interface become unresponsive after use, where when I click on an element, the configuration panel doesn’t refresh. My memory is set to 256MB, I’ll try increasing that as well.

I think it might have been a memory issue, my php.ini was set to 96M and the wp-config set to 256M, so either way, it was low on memory.

Hi There @wbgTHEMECO

I have created a test page on your site and I can confirm the issue on your end.

Upon further investigating your issue, I have switched to your parent Pro theme by disabling your child theme and then I was able to edit your Text elements without any issues.

So your issue should be related to your child theme customizations. You need to check your child theme to isolate the issue. Test page link will be in the secure note below.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.