Obtain Latest tested theme available via Themeforest

Hi,
The client bought Theme X 6 months ago. Since then, I see there is an upgraded version available.
When I download from Themeforest, will I automatically receive the latest version of X?
I do not have the auto upgrade installed on the site as the version available after 5.2.4 caused issues. Therefore, I am hesitant to install my license into the auto theme updater on the site.
So, if I download from ThemeForest, will I get the latest stable theme? And, which file has the name of the theme version in the zip folder? I am not asking about viewing the backend, in appearance/ themes, but asking where in the documentation is this information available relevant to the latest theme.
Thanks!

Hello Valerie,

Thanks for writing in!

I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Meanwhile, you can check the latest changes of theme by checking out changelog:

If you have downloaded x_package.zip file from Themeforest, once you unzip it, find the x.zip. This is where you will find the latest X theme which can be use to update your site manually. Please check Manual Updates section from this article:

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.