Notice message always showing in admin panel & Unable to save plugin settings

Dar team,

After the last update, I have this message in the admin panel:

Congratulations, you’ve successfully updated Pro! Be sure to check out the release notes and changelog to see all that has changed, especially if you’re utilizing any additional plugins or have made modifications to your website via a child theme.

I can’t remove it. It is always showing when I update some page.

EDIT: In addition, at certain plugins, I can’t save any settings. When I try to save changes, after reloading the page, the settings are not saved. It seems like there is some lock or block option activated in wordpress.

What is going on?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in!

You can close the message by clicking on the cross icon.

It won’t be showing any more till next update.

Thanks

Jajajaja, yes of course, I have done that several times, but that is not the problem.

The issue is that after doing that, after a page reload, the message is displayed another time.

Hey @prored,

It looks like there is some sort of caching in your backend or something preventing changes. Pro will not do that by itself. I could not replicate this issue in my test site. Please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thanks Christian, I will try every point and comment the results.

No success. I have posted a message in the wordpress support forum trying to get help.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

Yes here are.

Hey @prored,

I see the issue in your site but I could not replicate this in my test site so this is not a bug or issue with Pro. There could be some caching in your backend. Though I see wp-admin was excluded in your caching plugin, there could still be something causing this. Regretfully, we are not able to help in this case because this is unique to your setup. Moreover, you said that plugin settings don’t save also. Try clearing caches again and completely uninstall your caching plugin (contact the plugin developer to learn how to do this). Also ask your host if they have a built-in caching system which might affect WP Admin. If that does not help, you will need to hire a third party developer to investigate further.

Thank you for understanding.

Anyway thank you for your help.

I will try to debug what is causing this behavior.

See you.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi team,

Problem solved after doing a clean install an exporting all the old server files and configs with the Wordpress and self plugins options.

Maybe some data base file was corrupted during the migration. We will never know it.

Do you know when PRO will have an export option? It would be very appreciate for doing things like this.

Thanks for your support.

Hi there,

I have added this to our feature request list so that it will be considered in future development.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.