Not sure what the problem is...(to be retitled later)

Hey there!

My site is having problems I can’t seem to take down.

Different issues depending on what browser/platform I use.

Safari isn’t loading anything that has a javascript component (i.e. the Hero Revolution Slider, several buttons that open content in a Convert Plus Modal, a couple of Carousels).

Also in Safari with Web Inspector open in I see “JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1” over and over again in a loop until is sometimes crashes the site.

In Chrome, background images are flashing white when I mouse over them. There is a bit of transition animation on those images, going from grayscale to color, but the white flashing is is new and limited to Chrome viewing.

On an iPhone, even though I have checked the box in Revolution Slider to disable the slider in Mobile, an incomplete version the slider is showing, and the site crashes before fully loading.

I’m guessing these are all related to javascript conflicts, but my knowledge of such things is limited, so I’m essentially banging my head on the desk to no avail.

Any clues?

Thanks for your always insightful support,

David Knell

Hi @knellovision,

Thanks for writing in.

I checked your site and I could not see any script conflicts and it is working well both my edge and chrome.

The only problem that I could see is that there is a lot of Mixed Content Warnings.

Did you recently migrated your site. If yes, you could check the link below for more details. It uses a plugin to replace all images from http to https.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Still not showing up correctly for me on several platforms. Had someone else check as well and they concurred.

So we’re all on the same page, let’s localize it to one symptom:

There is a blue button just below the fold that says “Ready To Get Started?”

If the page is loaded correctly, clicking that button should trigger a modal with a form in in it.

If the page does not load correctly (ie, using Safari on my iMac, or using either Chrome or Safari on my iPhone) the Blue button does nothing, and eventually the page will hang.

On the phone in Chrome I get an “Aw Snap” error. In Safari (either on the phone or Desktop) I eventually get a “This page was reloaded because a problem occurred”.

To be clear, that non-triggering modal is not the only problem that happens when this occurs, but they are certainly connected.

Any thoughts? anyone?

David

Hi David,

I checked the website with the Safari and the modal is not showing. I am not sure why this is happening but it will be impossible to find the problem cause if you do not separate things and test them out.

I suggest that you add a new test page and only add the button to it which is supposed to open up the modal and check the case.

If it is working in Safari then it shows there is another part of the page which is causing the conflict.

You can simply duplicate the current page and remove the sections in the newly copied page to see which section is causing the issue.

I also suggest that you check for a 3rd party plugin conflict by disabling all plugins and enabling them one by one and test the website with Safari.

Also, if you added any custom Javascript code please remove it and test the case.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

So ultimately the culprit was a particular instance of a modal in Convert Plus. It contained an iFrame to another page, and that was just too much for something to handle. I ended removing the modal, and simply linking to a _blank page.

Hi @knellovision,

I see, thanks for sharing and we’ll check that out too. Yes, linking to blank is okay too, or by using 3rd party lightbox if you’re just displaying an iframe.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.