Not able to save CSS

Hey I have a tried a few times to save code on the CSS page but it is not saving. I am not using Yoast so I am not sure what the problem is. Thank you.

https://www.reactivemedical.com/

HI there,

Would you mind providing more information about what happens when you save the global CSS? Do the codes disappear after you save it or are they not taking effect?

Thank you.

Yes they disappear and the saving doesn’t take effect.

HI there,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persist, please provide the admin credentials of your site in a Secure Note.

Thank you.

Ok Jade. But how can a plugin affect that? It’s unusual isn’t it?

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion, this happens due to several reasons, not an only plugin conflict.
The issue you have mentioned is not that everyone faces so must be something happening in your setup.
To find out what could be the cause of issue please provide us your login details in a secure note.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

Ok thanks basanta. I have not even heard of a plugin having a conflict with CSS. I will send you the login details. I need to figure it out now because I am doing another website where I might have to change the CSS. Grace

Hi there,

You mentioned that you are trying to add a custom CSS in the Theme Options’ Global CSS panel and it is disappearing when you are saving it. I have suggested you to test for plugin conflict because it is possible that a plugin might cause some Javascript error which resulted to the global CSS panel not to function as it is supposed to where where CSS codes added to it will be saved and remain as is even after refreshing the page. I didn’t mean that it was the CSS that is causing the conflict to the plugin but the plugin could cause a conflict to where you place the CSS which is in the Theme Option’s Global CSS panel.

With that saying, I am not certain if you are trying to add the custom CSS in the Theme Options panel or somewhere else because I tried adding some CSS in the Global CSS panel, saved it, and refreshed it and I don’t seem any issue at all as the code remained as is and is working fine to the targeted element which is the name text field on the contact page.

You can see the custom CSS I have added in Pro > Theme Options > CSS. Try clearing your cache and test the CSS panel again.

If you are adding the CSS codes somewhere else that is not working, kindly let us know so that we can check if further.

Thanks can you send me some code so that I can try it out?

Hi there,

I am not sure what you mean by sending some code to test. The original question was that you could not add your custom CSS, so simply use your CSS code to test the case.

As an example you can add the CSS code below to Pro > Theme Options > CSS and it should make the background of the content section of your website red.

body {background-color: red !important;}

By the way, please back up your website and update the theme to version 2.0.4. You are using an old version of the theme.

Thank you.

I am using the newest theme. I will test it. Do you have any idea which plugin could be the conflict meaning has anyone else had this problem?

Grace

Hi Grace,

Would you mind specifying any CSS code that you are trying to add?

As I mentioned on my previous response, I added a custom CSS that you can find in Pro > Theme Options > CSS and the code is still there after I saved it and it is taking effect on the element it is supposed to target.

The code I have added is:

.your-name input {
  border-radius: 0;
}

Is it for the name field that is on the contact page.

Ok I deleted, pasted, and resaved it and it works but it wasn’t working before. Very strange. Should I delete this code now?

Hi,

Yes, you may delete the code.

Thanks

Thanks so much Paul. I am not sure what happened but at least it works now. Much appreciated as I have another X Pro website to do…for myself.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.