No Zoom on Woocomerce images

Hi there, I just updated my theme to the latest version of X. I however have no Zoom anymore on my product images.
Here is a link to one of the products https://www.honestlynatural.com.au/shop/ansc-true-love-for-him-gift-pack/
Can you please guide me as to how to get the zoom back

Thanks

Hi Nonie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your page and I see the image is zooming correctly on hover. Did you clear caches after the update? After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how this goes!

Yes I did clear all cashes after the update, I have also cleared all history in my browser and I tried a different browser too and its still not zooming on my end… But you are right, its working on a friends computer on hover… Strange

Hi,

I checked on my test sites with the latest version of the theme and the zoom is working fine.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that doesn’t help, please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks

Hi yes the zoom was fine, just on my comp which was a different issue. However I am now finding that all my product images have dissapeared, the thumbnails are fine but when you go into the product there is just a blank screen on mobile, desktop and tablet! I’d love some quick help as im doing a big boxing day sale tomorrow morning!

Hi Nonie,

Upon checking your website, I could see that you’ve updated the Cornerstone plugin to the latest version but NOT updated the X theme yet.

Please update your X theme to the latest version as well.

For the update guide, please take a look at this:

For the changelog: https://theme.co/changelog/

Let us know how it goes!

Ive updated X, and tried deactivatig a few plug-ins I recently updated but there are still no images…

Hi There,

I could see that you’re using the WooCommerce version 3.5.3. Our X/Pro theme is not compatile with that version yet.

Could you please try downgrading it the version 3.5.1?

You can download the WooCommerce version 3.5.1 here: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/woocommerce.3.5.1.zip

I could also see that all the source files have the x75717 at the end. Please try turning off as well:

https://www.honestlynatural.com.au/wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/css/site/stacks/renew.x75717.css

Let us know how it goes!

ok thanks, ive changed to the old woocommerce, Im not sure how I turn off the source files with the x75717

Hi There,

Please try temporarily turn off all the 3rd party plugins, CDN, Optimize, … services then check again.

If it still doesn’t help, please add this custom CSS under Thene Options > CSS:

.woocommerce-product-gallery__image img {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you, that code has brought the images back, you are such life savers.
One little problem is there is now no zoom on the images though.

Also how do we know when X is compatable with the new woocomerce so I can update?

Hey Nonie,

The code given here is only a band aid fix. You don’t need code unless it’s proven to be a bug. In this case, we’ve not yet proven if the issue you’re facing is a bug because you are optimizing your site.

I’m not saying that website optimization is bad. In fact, it’s recommended. The only thing that is wrong is if you enable it even in times of maintenance such as during website updates and using its options not knowing what it will do with the resources within WordPress.

Please turn disable all options in W3 Total Cache and purge all caches then check if the issue persists. The most common causes are file minification, concatenation and inlining code such as what Thai referred to x75717.

Please always do this step before posting an issue. If the issue persists, please deactivate your caching plugin and give us WordPress Admin credentials in a secure note.

Regarding compatibility of WooCommerce, if there’s an update, you can check if it’s compatible in our Version Compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks.

I have just updated my x and cornerstone and even with the code you gave me the images are still having some issues from what I can see on my end. Zoom is working sporadically and When you click the image or the magnifying glass it goes to a black screen.

Hey Nonie,

Updating to the latest version is good to ensure compatibility but if you review my previous response, I also said:

Please review my full response and please do the requested steps before we continue.

Thanks.

Hi Christian, I have disabled all options in w3 and purged all cashes, I don’t really know what file minification, concatenation and inlining code means so I am unable to do anything in that aspect. Perhaps you could direct me on what you mean with all that and how to fix it?

They’re features of W3 Total Cache. Please refer to the W3 Total Cache documentation to learn how to disable them.

Please post your login credentials in a secure note also.

Thanks.

Will do, thanks, I have added a secure not above

Hi There,

Your website is returning the 503 error code:

Could you please double check?

Thank you.

Oh no, that’s only happened since I played with the cache settings… I just reset w3 to default and it seems to have fixed that error

The issue was because your images are generated as 1 x 1px only. This could be because of your image optimizer plugin.

Now, I installed the Force Regenerate Thumbnail plugin and regenerated the images in this page https://www.honestlynatural.com.au/shop/ansc-true-love-for-him-gift-pack/ and it’s fixed both the “not displaying” image and zoom issue in your site.

I’ve also commented out the code provided previously as that was not a real solution.

You will need to regenerate all of the images of your shop. Please refer to the plugin’s page for usage instructions.

Hope that helps.