No text is showing at all

I started using X theme yesterday and the youtube tutorial said to use X child theme. I added page and no text is showing at all whenever I preview the content, just a blank page. But when I switched to the free default theme, the text are showing perfectly. How to fix this? Thanks heaps

Hi @colesmanagement,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear you’re having this issue.

Looks like it has an internal error or related error to cause a blank page. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials so we could try it as well? You can provide it in the secure note and please provide the exact URL this issue appears. I’ll gather information of what causing this issue first.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

About the support coverage, we are available 24/7 but it doesn’t mean we could reply right away. It depends on other tickets ahead of yours (queue) and we’ll surely reply within 24hours.

Thanks for understanding.

@Rad thank you for replying. I was just frustrated as I could not continue my work because of it. I added the secure note. I am not so technical so if you can please take a look, that would be appreciated. I tried step 1, 2 and 4 but nothing worked. Thanks again

Hi @colesmanagement,

I did some initial checking and yes, it’s due to performance but, your memory limit is already okay. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? We’ll check the error through error logs which are only available through FTP.

Thanks!

I asked our hosting provider to do steps 6 and 7 and they did. I just added the FTP access. Thanks

Hi @colesmanagement,

I checked and there is no error at all. It’s not even logging any warning. Would you mind contacting your host and switch your PHP version to 5.6?

Their plugin is complaining about the incompatibility of the theme, something related to this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/woocommerce-php-errors-when-updating-to-php7/32411/7

Your current PHP version is 7, what’s weird is they don’t use error logs instead, they use their own tools so we couldn’t check if it’s actual PHP error or just their imposed standard that you should follow.

Thanks!

Hi, the php has been changed to version 5.6 and its still not working. I also deactivated the plugin (SG optimizer) and nothing changed.

@Rad One more thing, when I changed the stack to integrity, renew and icon, its working OK but not with Ethos.

Hi @colesmanagement,

Thanks, I further checked it and looks like it’s database caching related.

If you’ll check the home page (where posts should be displaying) it’s empty too. Then I did some coding (https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/have_posts) to verify this issue and it does says that there are no posts at all, including pages. Which means, the global query is empty, and the global query is supplied by Wordpress and only displayed by the theme’s template.

So I activated all caching and found out that MemCache has issue, it always says Could not disable memcache!. It’s turned off but according to that message, it’s not. And MemCache is responsible for Store in the server's memory frequently executed queries to the database for a faster access on a later use..

Could you try reaching out to your hosting provider this time again? The plugin is from them, please turn off the memcache for now.

Thanks!

Hi, siteground has completed the changes you asked and yet it still no working using Ethos theme.
This is what they said.

_The error in the memcahed option is caused by the fact that for some reason the tool cannot create the file called object-cache.php, related to this functionality. It should be located in the wp-content directory and I confirm that I already created it for you. _

Now if you try to activate the option directly from the settings of the plugin you will get:
Code:
Please, first enable Memcached from your cPanel!

_Of course, you can easily enable it from the cPanel and then from the WordPress Dashboard. _

To avoid the same issue in the future I also corrected the permissions of all files and folders in the account, so that they would be 644 for files and 755 for folders.

Please check again.

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I am another staff checking in this thread. I created a test page and used Cornerstone in editing my test page. I did not encounter any issues at all. The Cornerstone preview is showing and the text were displaying on the from end. Please check out the test page in the secure note.

Regards.

Hi, thanks but you used the renew stack for the test. The problem is no text is showing using Ethos stack. Have u tried that? And what if I like to use wordpress when adding a post? Do you have a tutorial video on how to use cornerstone?

@Rad and @RueNel Hi guys, it looks like everything is working now. Can you please let me know what exactly went wrong and how it was resolved? Thanks!

Hi @colesmanagement

It could be that some time was needed till the “memcache” solution implemented by your hosting provider worked.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.