No placeholders in demo content Ethos

Hi, Ive just uploaded the Ethos demo, but there are meant to be placeholders for the content but there is nothing, so its just a blank page. I understand it doesn’t have the option of uploading the full content with this demo as it only has the Standard option, but in the documentation it shows a picture saying there is meant to be placeholders in the standard option.

Any help is much appreciated,

Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks for writing in! When you install Ethos 1 demo, only the settings is imported because the homepage of Ethos 1 is displaying the latest posts or the blog index as the homepage. If you do not have any posts yet, then nothing will display in your homepage.

If you have several post already and nothing is displayed in the homepage, that is because in the Ethos 1 demo, Filtered index is enabled. Enabling the filterable index will bypass the standard output of your blog page, allowing you to specify categories to highlight. Upon selecting this option, a text input will appear to enter in the IDs of the categories you would like to showcase. This input accepts a list of numeric IDs separated by a comma (e.g. 14, 1, 817). You can disable this option by going to X > Theme Options > Ethos > Filterable index.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your help. There are a few demo posts I have in there already, but there not showing up at all. I’ve gone into Ethos and turned off the filtered index, and checked my settings to have posts on the home page but its still showing nothing. I went into one of the posts, and when I view that it’s also not showing up at all.
Not sure what the issue is? None of my posts are showing up at all, even though they’re published.
Thanks,
Kim

It’s ok it seems to be working now. I’m not sure what happened. I cleared the cache, maybe that helped?

Hi,

I checked and can see the posts too.

Yes, could have been a cache issue, anyway glad it’s working now.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have this same problem. http://www.babymanager.nl/

Everything showing except for content in the content area. Its blank
Its a new install, no third party plugins (just installed cache clearer after seeing above, but didn’t work out for me)
Also tried the filtered index option, no result…Ethos stack 1.

What to do?

Hi @wikash,

Yes I confirmed that it has content problem I could not see any problem in the front page. In this case, please share us your admin credentials so we could check further.

Just don’t forget to set it in a secure note and create a new thread so that you and our staff could only see it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @wikash,

In this case, please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note so we could see your setup firsthand.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.