No images in Layerslider WP

Hello, there,
on my page image hifi I have integrated Layerslider WP. The site has been running for years without major problems and updates have always been made. Recently no more pictures appear in the Layerslider WP sliders. There are no error messages on the console.

On https://image-hifi.com/slider-test/ i created a new test slider. It does not show any pictures either. The back and forth buttons and the point navigation appear.

If I activate the default theme, the slider works.

I have already deactivated all plugins. Unfortunately the same problem.
Can you please help me?

Many Grüße from Germany
Helli

Hi @heavyhelli,

Thanks for writing in!

I can see the issue on your website. As we don’t have access to your admin so can’t confirm what exactly happening in your setup.

I would suggest you few troubleshooting to check if that helps.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Thanks for the answer. I have worked through all the points. Unfortunately no success. I entered the access data as Secure Note.
Thank you

Hi There,

Try switching to parent X theme and see if that resolves the issue, maybe a customization on your child theme is causing this.

The FTP credentials you provided above did not work, please add this to your wp-config.php file and provide us FTP credentials in a secure note, so we can take a closer look.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

WP DEBUG

Thanks,

Hello,
the FTP credentials are correct.
With the parent theme, no images are also displayed in the slider.
I changed the wp-config.php.

Thank you very much.

Hi Helli,

I was able to login but I could not seem to find what is causing the issue.

Do you mind creating a staging site(exact copy of your site), then in your staging site, deactivate all plugins except cornerstone and layerslider.

This will allow us to debug without disrupting your live site.

You can use this third party plugin in creating your staging site.

Thanks

Hallo,
the new PHP version was to blame for my problem. I changed the version back from 7.2 to 7.0.

Hey Helli,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.