No icons available - font awesome currently disabled

Hi there,

I want to add an icon list and this comes up when I try to change the icon:

Thank you

Hey @aiad_development,

I see that you’ve updated Cornerstone to 4.1.0 which is currently in beta or RC. That version of Cornerstone allows users to disable Font Awesome and one of your team members might have disabled all of Font Awesome icons.

Please enable Font Awesome in X > Theme Options > Miscellaneous.

Also, remember the agreement regarding the use of beta or RC version.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I had an old version of cornerstone saved so I reverted back as this version is a little glitchy.

Thanks for the info

Hey @aiad_development,

X v7.1.0, and Cornerstone v4.1.0 are now on manual updates, you can update your theme and plugins to the latest version now. You can checkout the release notes: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-1-x-7-1-cornerstone-4-1/66681) and changelog: https://theme.co/changelog/

Cheers!

Experiencing a similar issue, unfortunately not seeing the option in Theme Options in Miscellaneous to reenable. Is there any other places I could re-enable Font Awesome?

Hi @marketimpress,

Could you check to make sure you are on the latest version of both X (7.1.0) and Cornerstone (4.1.0)? This might be happening if Cornerstone was updated, but X is still an older version.

That was the issue, one was updated by one wasn’t. Is there still issues with updating to Cornerstone 4.1.0?

Hi @marketimpress,

No, there is no issue with updating Cornerstone 4.1.0, given that you updated the X to the latest version 7.1.0 as well, and Wordpress to at least version 5.3.

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi there,
May not be related, but I’m having strange issue after updating to latest PRO.

I’ve had few icons in the navigation, and some of them disappeared. When inspecting source, they have square like a error icon.

For example, I cannot use user-friends, envelope-open
Cleared cache etc but same thing.

I’m seeing the same issue with footer social icons on an X/Cornerstone update. All Font Awesome weights are enabled in Theme Options > Miscellaneous. This is 4.0.4 and 4.1.0 compared:

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry to see you’re having these issues. We’d like to work with you to get this resolved. It would help if you could provide login credentials so we could see the problem in action on your site. If you are ok with this, you can add a secure note to your post.

Note: To those other than the original posted, please open a new topic first. This will ensure your login info is only available to our support staff. Thanks!

Hi Alex,
I just updated to 3.1.1 and icons are fixed.

Hey ForgetWP,

It’s good to know that updating to 3.1.1 resolves your issue.
We really appreciate for telling us that it is all good now.

Regards.

Just wanted to add in that I had the same issue but once I updated Cornerstone to 4.1.1 and X theme to 5.3 the missing icon issue resolved itself.

Thank you!

@rafalkukla and @AK49_Logan_907,

Glad that sorted things out on your end.

To others that might having this same issue, please make sure that you’re always in the latest version of X and Cornerstone (and Pro if you’re using Pro), and latest Wordpress version as well. You can always check what are the latest versions on our changelog page.

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

Hi Friech,

That was my case, PRO was updated to latest version 3.1, fonts become an issue,

As I was updated this post, checked site again, 3.1.1 become available, and problem solved.

Hey @rafalkukla,

Thanks for the update. We’re glad to know that updating to v3.1.1 solved the issue.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.