No Cornerstone editor for users that are "Editors"

I’ve still not been given a correct answer to assign cornerstone permissions to editors on our site. Only admins can access the cornerstone editor. The option to check cornerstone IS NOT there. Here is our [old post]
We need users that are editors to be able to use cornerstone.
(https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/no-cornerstone-option-for-users-with-editor-permission/50315)

Hello @ActorMike,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

I suggest you to try out following solutions as Cornerstone should show up after making the selections in permissions manager:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If the issue is still there, can you please share the login details in secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

I added a secure note with the login, we have several sites that all have this problem, last time your staff did something to fix it, but did not say what.

Hello @ActorMike,

I am not sure what you mean by The option to check cornerstone IS NOT there. Using the account credentials, I am able to access it. Go to X > Settings > Permissions: Editor tab. Click Pages and Configure. Make sure everything or the access you want for editor is check. Then click Save.

I have created user editor to check and confirm for Pages, Cornerstone is now available.

Please confirm if it works for you. Do the same for other posts if you need. You may also delete the user that I had created. Thank you.

Hope this helps.

If you look at my first screenshot in the first post, you will see that I had already done that, and all the boxes were checked. I am still not clear what you did that made the cornerstone editor appear because your screenshot looks the same as mine other than page width.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

On my end I can see Edit with Cornerstone button for Editor role. To check if Cornerstone editor is showing up, I changed the login password for the Editor account (details in secure note). After that I logged into the account and I can see Edit with Cornerstone link and editor is loading fine.

I think it might be a temporary issue or a cache problem. After making changes, try clearing cache so that the updated resources are loaded into the browser.

Thanks.

No, it’s not a caching issue, this has been going on for months and whatever you did caused other users to be able to see the Cornerstone editor again. The same day they emailed me and told me that cornerstone was working again and neither one of us did anything. I have another site that is doing the same thing and we still don’t have an explainable how to resolve it. This has happened multiple times on multiple sites and I give you our login and then the cornerstone editor reappears but nobody has an explanation as to how or why so we can solve it on other sites.

Hello @ActorMike,

The usual way of checking is through the Permissions settings.

I would recommend that you enable/disable and save. And then you enable it back and save the settings again. This is to make sure or update the settings.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.