No content on rightside - editing not possible

i work on a macbook pro, with chrome. That has been working out fine till this weekend.

but now there is this the on the mac that i do get the sections on the leftside, but i do not get the rows and colums on the rightside, so there is no way i can edit my content on my macbook as far as i can see.

i emtied the caches on my macbook, that solve a previous problem.

just now i tried it out on a PC also with chrome and i dont see to be having those content problems as i describe above.

what to do now? macbook is my workstation.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! We do recommend to disable your caching plugin while you’re in the development phase of your site.

Also if you’re using a service like CloudFlare, please review the following resource as well (https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/).

Thanks!

Can you tell me where & how i disable my caching plugin?
because that might be it. I started out fine this morning, but after going in and out of the post, i got the “agressive” not mentioned above again. For now i’ll try to empty cache and restart again.
txs.
(i am not using cloudflare)

Hey @wonderacademie,

In WP Admin menu, go to Plugins and deactivate your caching plugin.

Thanks.

actually, i don’t think I have a caching plugin. I looked through my plugins and on google what common plugins for caching are, but i do not have those?
any other tips?

Hi @wonderacademie,

Please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Also, I wonder if it is happening only on one page or all pages.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

this happens only in chrome. and only since a few weeks. before that no problems.

on the macbook i can get it to work with safari
and chrome on the PC also works fine.

so …?

wonderacademie.nl

Hi Lily,

I couldn’t reproduce this issue on the latest macOS and latest Chrome, I suggest using Chrome Incognito mode:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

As I think this has something to do with one of your installed Chrome Extensions, also I have a question, did you encounter this issue on a specific page only? or all the pages?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.