No booking entry in Modern Events Calendar

Hello all, I’ve tested both live and sandbox mode with successful payments but there’s no booking entry at all. It only works when paying locally. What else can I do?

Hi @demyx,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you testing it with real payment? Because it’s still on sandbox mode, and with that you’ll have to use paypal test account (sandbox).

https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/

With that, you can create test account that you could use for payment testing.

Thanks!

I tested it in both live and sandbox like I said earlier. I even got a receipt from PayPal in my email on live mode.

Hi there,

Sorry, I thought you were referring to sandbox copy of your site. Would you mind providing the site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note?

Please provide the sandbox paypal account too so we could try it.

Thanks!

Hi sorry for the delay, I’ve included credentials in the secure note.

Hello @demyx,

Regretfully the given username and password is not working for us.
Please double check it.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry I have Wordfence installed. Updated the password.

Hey @demyx,

I experienced the issue in your site but regretfully, I currently have no clue as to what is causing it. I believe something’s broken between your server’s connection with PayPal.

I tested the same setup in my test site using my PayPal developer account and paying using PayPal Express and the booking was successful. The entry was posted in Booking. I also tested my account in your site and it still won’t log the booking.

One thing I discovered in your site is the Business Account used is not the account the payment was sent to. It’s sent to the facilitator account. That is not the case in my test site.

There must be some kind of caching in your server why this is happening.

I’d recommend that you setup another test site in a different server and only test a fresh install of WordPress, Pro and MEC. Use the same sandbox account. You can use web host that offer free staging like pantheon.io for this.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.