No automatic update from X Pro 1.0 to 1.1.0

Hi

I note an update is available to version 1.1.0 of X Pro.

There is no automatic update notification however in my dashboard. I have tried a manual update following guidelines in your documentation, though these are dated and refer to ‘X’ not ‘X Pro’. This failed and my installed plugins requiring activation/licensing via ‘X Pro’ displayed error messages about the lack of licensing etc.

I have restored a backup and am therefore ready to attempt the update again, but in the absence of any recognition within my dashboard that any automatic update exists, and with the failure of the manual approach, I wonder what is it I need to do to ugrade from X Pro 1.0 to 1.1.0?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, that early version of PRO has an issue with automatic update. Please attempt the Manual Updates guide provided here again.

That guide is applicable to both X and PRO, the only difference is a) obviously the file name of zip file and the folder name (x for XTHEME and pro for PRO) b) The Cornerstone, PRO does not need the Cornerstone.

If you’re still having issue updating the PRO, please provide us login credentials (FTP and wp-admin) so we can take a closer look.

Have a nice day,

Thanks for the update.

I see where the problem was, the theme name has changed to ‘pro’ dropping the ‘x’

It might be as well to mention that somewhere or, as I did, folks will copy the updated files into the current old folder name and not notice a need to change the name, Same for child themes, I had to manually correct names etc. in the styles.css file.

Anyhow, all working now, though sadly there is still the ‘A conflict on the front end of your site blah blah blah…’ error with a certain plugin activated that alters the permalinks.

Hi there @midsussexwebsites,

Glad to hear you got that sorted and we’ll definitely look into the documentation.

For the issue with the front-end conflict, if you could up a new ticket and someone will be right along to assist.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.