Newest Version of Theme not updating

Hi Guys -

I got the email about the latest updates to the Pro Theme on 10.5.18 but my site isn’t recognizing the update and if I try and install the new download of the theme my site won’t expect it either because the previous version is still installed, please advise.

http://societyjazzdesign.com/

Thank you - Etana

The new update will not be seen or available for automatic download until next week.

For a manual install you will need to remove the old version first or at least rename it in your ftp/file manager first.

I usually rename it to pro-old and then install the new one. This way I can test to see if it is working first before deleting the old one. It may still give you an error like it did not install but if you go to your dashboard, apearrance, themes you should see 2 version of pro. If all is working correctly. Click on the old version and delete it. you should be good to go after that.

Also always to remember to flush your cache after an update like this one.

Or you can wait a week and the auto update should be available then.

Hope this helps…

Hi Etana,

The update release is currently available for manual updates which means you will not see the update option in the Wordpress dashboard.

Please check this link for more information:

if you want to do a manual update, please check the link below for the steps on how to do it:

Kindly also keep a backup of your current site before updating just in case you’ll need it.

Hope this helps.

Perfect, Thank you for the info I’m excited about the new theme updates!

You’re welcome, you can check the changelog page to see what are the changes and additional features on this release.

Cheers!

The new updates are incredible, I can’t rave enough about your themes! Thank you.

One thing I haven’t been able to figure out on my own that i’m hoping you can help me with is when i create a sutom header with an inline menu it display squished/overlapping on the mobile. Is there a way to have it condense properly/ into a mobile menu button like the main header does?

Hey @SocietyJazz,

When you create a custom header, in most case an inline navigation is used. Most of the time, the menu items is long enough which might not be displayed properly in smaller screens because there aren’t enough space to display it. To resolve this, you will need to set up navigation inline and a navigation collapse or navigation dropdown element. You will have to show/hide one of the menu element in different screen size by utilizing the “Hide During Breakpoint” option. To know more about this option, please check this out: https://theme.co/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that makes perfect sense however the link with more details doesn’t seem to have the info there can you provide another link.

Hi,

Here is the link.

Please copy and paste it in your browser’s address bar

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.