New version of Cornerstone not showing elements

I have added a test page to my website but I cannot see the text or line that I added using Cornerstone. Please help.

Hi there,

Before we get into details of the problem kindly follow the steps below:

1. Add a new page and test the same thing to make sure that the current page in question is not corrupt for any reason.
  2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  3. I see that you are using version 4.6.4 f the theme with the version 1.2.7 of the Cornerstone. That is not compatible. You need to update the theme to version 5.2.5. Make a complete backup of the website before doing anything.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  6. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Thank you.

Thank you. I updated the theme to version 5.2.5 and used the classic elements instead of the others and that seemed to fix the problem. However, once I updated the theme, I can barely see the accent line on all the other pages. How can I change the color of the accent line without changing it on every page?

Hi there,

This seems to be another issue which we need to follow up. Would you please kindly give us more information on what do you mean by accent line? Which page? give us screenshots, please.

Thank you.

I have turned accent on for all pages where I have used the Custom Headline. It shows as a light gray color. I would like to change it to another color. I am attaching a screenprint of where accent is turned on.

Hi There,

To change the color of the accent line you can add the following code to Theme Options CSS

.h-custom-headline.my-class.accent span:before, .h-custom-headline.my-class.accent span:after {
  border-color: blue;
}

Hope it helps

I added the code via Custom CSS and the accent color did not change.

Hi There,

Towards the bottom of your custom CSS you have this block, this block is missing the closing bracket [ } ] and causing the other custom CSS below it not to work.

.bbp-forum-topic-count .x-bbp-count, 
.bbp-forum-reply-count .x-bbp-count, 
.bbp-topic-voice-count .x-bbp-count, 
.bbp-topic-reply-count .x-bbp-count {
	background-color: #aca5a5;

Then update the code provided by Joao above to this:

/*accent color*/
.h-custom-headline.accent span:before,
.h-custom-headline.accent span:after {
	background-color: #a0bde2;
}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.