New User Registration in WordPress without Permission

Hey Guys. I have been away from my website for a while but today when I logged in I noticed several users add/registered as Administrators

I check the Setting Membership and the checkbox is turned off as well the Anyone can register!

I really don’t know where to go to prevent this kind of situation.

What should I do to prevent this?

Best,

Robert

Hello Rebert,

Thanks for writing in!

I suggest you to please take a look at following resource:

Thanks.

Tks for your reply. How can people can be register in a wordpress website if the website is check for Membership OFF?

*** Default Registration Page Redirect - > There is no such thing any where for register users
*** Google’s reCAPTCHA -> I dont have a page or link for user registration
*** Email Confirmation -> I dont have a page where users input their info

What’s the point to create a SPAM User in a wordpress website?

Best,

Robert

Hello Robert,

There are only two ways to create an administrator account. One is by adding it manually or a setting somewhere in one of the plugins you may have installed that automatically make a user as an administrator upon registering.

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Do you have Convert Plus enabled? If so,deactivate it and upgrade to the latest version. There is a vulnerability in it that is allowing hackers to register themselves as Admin. I had the same issue on two websites.

Hi Gina,

Thanks for providing some info to your fellow users.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.